Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Navi System

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navi System

I really want to get an aftermarket radio with the Navi and bluetooth like a Pioneer Avic or Kenwood. My questions how easy or difficult is the install and which unit does everyone recommend?
Old 12-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Nobody, huh?
Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Don & Donna's 2009 FX4

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do alot of checking on this to see how it updates the maps. I just bought a garmin last week and some of the roads that were built 2 to 3 years ago are not on it yet, plus the roads have new names other than what they are called. The maps cost somewhere around 70 t0 80 bucks a year to update. I found the nav system on my cell phone was the most accurate and always up to date, so be careful and Merry Christmas
Old 12-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get kenwood, there nav is far superior to any other one on the market, it does not require any disc's that have to be rebought every year or 2 as they get out-dated...it works through satelite, constantly updating and learning to your roads and your surroundings...its an amazing unit
Old 12-13-2008, 10:21 AM

pioneer is slow and sucks. i put one in my moms lincoln mark, and it is slow at loading and takes forever. my eclipse i have is awesome, updates quick. had a harddrive and 2 slots, one for dvd and one for cd. thisway your nav disc can stay in at all times, and play a cd at the same time you are navigating.....

as for installing, they are the same as a regular stereo with 3 extra wires, vss, reverse, and parking break ground. not too hard as long you know where to locate the vss
Old 12-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Originally Posted by IVIuzzy
pioneer is slow and sucks. i put one in my moms lincoln mark, and it is slow at loading and takes forever. my eclipse i have is awesome, updates quick. had a harddrive and 2 slots, one for dvd and one for cd. thisway your nav disc can stay in at all times, and play a cd at the same time you are navigating.....

as for installing, they are the same as a regular stereo with 3 extra wires, vss, reverse, and parking break ground. not too hard as long you know where to locate the vss
pionner is not slow, nor does it suck, its just not the best...u get what you pay for so u must have not paid much so what can u expect

there VERY easy to install too
Old 12-15-2008, 03:59 PM

i guess someone is an avic fan here!!!!! i paid 1200 when it first came out, i bought it cuz the colors could be switched. no other one at the time could do it. this is the only good feature the pioneer avics have. they are very slow, and they suck. play with it on display at best buy. see how long it takes to load. if you found one for 300 or less i would put it in. but for the unit now, the new f series avic, costs 800. get kenwood, alpine, or eclipse, clairion is far to expensive. i think eclipse is the best unit for the money.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:24 PM
Car Audio Junkie

i have owned a DOZEN pionner nav units, ive owned half a dozen kenwood ones, and even a few kenwoods!!!

i like trying out new things that come out, you get what you pay for and its your fault if u go to best buy and paying 300% markup on something, if u wanna get pioneer go for it, there not bad at all...in fact in my bass race vehicle my kenwood deck skips, but my pioneer one dosnt...they all have there flaws and there pro's
Old 12-20-2008, 12:32 AM
Crew Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Try out the new Jensen unit.....
Old 12-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Car Audio Junkie

Originally Posted by racinjason68
Try out the new Jensen unit.....

plz dont, the new jensen unit is NOT all its cracked up to be

Quick Reply: Navi System