Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Nav question...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 05:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Nav question...

I'm looking to get a double din touch screen nav unit. I would like to know what would be the best brand! I'm leaning towards pioneer cause I like their set-ups, but willing to browse around if I can get something better! Also I've been hearing that I have to have a nav cd/dvd in order to use it??? Is that true and if so how can I listen to cd's if the nav disk is in??? I'm new to this but I really wanna up grade my sound system!!! Any and all help is appreciated!!!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 05:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJ23
I'm looking to get a double din touch screen nav unit. I would like to know what would be the best brand! I'm leaning towards pioneer cause I like their set-ups, but willing to browse around if I can get something better! Also I've been hearing that I have to have a nav cd/dvd in order to use it??? Is that true and if so how can I listen to cd's if the nav disk is in??? I'm new to this but I really wanna up grade my sound system!!! Any and all help is appreciated!!!!!
I just got the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, going to put it in this weekend.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Krazy
I just got the Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD, going to put it in this weekend.
WOW!!!!! Thats the exact same one I was going to get!!! What do u know of having to use a nav cd/dvd to use the navigation system???
Old 11-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Tort Feasor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AVH-P4200DVD does not have NAV built in. You have to purchase and install the AVIC-U220 unit separately, which will double the price of the head unit. If you want a nav system, go with one that has it built in. I just installed the AVIC-X920BT which includes everything except satellite radio built in. Definitely the way to go if you want Pioneer (which is the best, IMO).

Quick Reply: Nav question...