Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

My factory sub will not work on bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 03:17 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Default My factory sub will not work on bluetooth

ok, well months ago I replaced my ****ty 6 cd indash factory stereo with an aftermarket ddx470 touchscreen. I remembered that they had to bypass the subwoofer so it could play with the aftermarket unit, and it does work, though only on am/fm radio or with the cd player. It does not work on bluetooth or aux mode, anybody know why? should i take it back to them? or just wait till i upgrade to an after market sub?
Old 08-18-2014, 05:59 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyteLobo07
ok, well months ago I replaced my ****ty 6 cd indash factory stereo with an aftermarket ddx470 touchscreen. I remembered that they had to bypass the subwoofer so it could play with the aftermarket unit, and it does work, though only on am/fm radio or with the cd player. It does not work on bluetooth or aux mode, anybody know why? should i take it back to them? or just wait till i upgrade to an after market sub?
They had to bypass the sub but it works on am/fm and cd?? Doesn't make sense. In my 2006 Expedition with the factory sub I needed to use a harness to make it work and it worked with all sources. I had the same HU as you.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:13 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
They had to bypass the sub but it works on am/fm and cd?? Doesn't make sense. In my 2006 Expedition with the factory sub I needed to use a harness to make it work and it worked with all sources. I had the same HU as you.
I remember they were going to use the harness you told me, but they didnt have it in stock so they bypassed it, my sub works but just in am/fm and cd player.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyteLobo07
I remember they were going to use the harness you told me, but they didnt have it in stock so they bypassed it, my sub works but just in am/fm and cd player.
You can't bypass it and have it still work

Quick Reply: My factory sub will not work on bluetooth