Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

My current audio install 2010 Screw - rev 4 - pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My current audio install 2010 Screw - rev 4 - pic heavy

I thought I would share my audio install with the fine folks on this forum. I am new here but have been on diyma and another F150 site for a while.

The major install was done around 9 months ago. Since then there has been an upgrade to a major component, in one way or another, 4 times.

This was and still is a stealth install. I have two small children and a funtional back seat is required.

It all started with the stock head unit, Focal 165VR front components, Focal 165CA1 rear fill, single Image Dynamics ID10 sub, prefab Supercrews box, AudioControl LC6i, Kicker 10ZX500.1 amp, and a Kicker 10ZX200.1 amp, and 4gauge wiring.

Luckily, the truck does not have molex connectors and I was able to run Stinger 16 OFC speaker cable to all doors.

After many changes I am now running: stock head unit, Massive Audio Ck6 mids, Focal TNB tweeters, Focal 165CA1 rear fill, two Stereo Integrity BM MKIII 12in subs, self made sub enclosure, AudioControl LC6i, Sundown Audio SAZ1000D (subs), Sundown Audio SAX125.2 "Massive mids", Clarion XH5410 (tweeters and rear fill), and now 1/0 main power feeds.

I still have a few thing to finish including: completely deaded and seal the doors "there is some on the inside door skin", carpet the current amp rack in the back "9th one that has been made", re-carpet the sub box "4th one that has been made".

The one thing I really need to add/change is some type of DSP. I have been looing at JBL MS-8, RF 3sixty.3 "when it comes out", or even one of the miniDSP products.

Here are some pics.

Deading on back wall
I am sure there is still blood back there.

Front stage
Old Focal 165VR fronts which have been replaced with Massive Audio Ck6 mids, which I don't have any picture of installed.

Focal TNB tweeters mounted in sails

Focal 165CA1 rear fill. Tweeters aiming up and back.

Speaker Wiring
High level leads from stock head unit to LC6i.
Metra BT-5520 harness

Quick disconnects for amp rack. I can have it fully out of truck in less than 5 minutes.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 AM

Subs and enclosure
Entire thing fits under just the 60 portion of the back seat.

Power wiring

1/0 Back to behind seat along with speaker wire runs.
Old 09-10-2011, 11:54 AM

Amps and rack
Previous amp rack behind rear seat

New Amp rack in back. Still needs to be carpeted

Old 09-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Here are two videos I have. Please excuse what sounds like sub distortion. These were recorded on my Blackberry and the mic was being overloaded.

This is a very clean setup and does not distort even though it gets very loud.

I do not normally listen to hip-hop but those MKIII get low.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice setup!
Old 09-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Just another member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Good job!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

amazing set up, do you mind telling me box dimensions? and airspace for each sub. sounds amazing btw
Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Can you raise your seat backs with those amps? Mine are thinner than those and slightly rub when I raise the seats.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by racinrm4life
amazing set up, do you mind telling me box dimensions? and airspace for each sub. sounds amazing btw
I used the dimensions from someone else who has a single MKIII. Here is a quick pick of the measurements he gave me. I changed it up just a bit. I have 1.5 inches of excursion space and my entire box is 36.5 inches long. I have a two sealed chambers and it came out to .55 per side.

Originally Posted by blueoval28
Can you raise your seat backs with those amps? Mine are thinner than those and slightly rub when I raise the seats.
I can get both sides about 85% up before they start rubbing. I could get them to go up with a little more engineering. However, I have two car seat in back, and will have for a few more years so I am not worried about it.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:23 PM

Thanks for the box plans. Could you post another pic or two of it installed? Like a different angle or something? I can't tell if it sticks out in the front any. I have a carseat and two older kids back there and space is a concern.

Quick Reply: My current audio install 2010 Screw - rev 4 - pic heavy