Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

My box build

Old 02-27-2012, 07:11 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Default My box build

Well guys, I'm the type of person that likes to do everything myself. So Like most I wanted more bass in my system. I will eventually upgrade all my components and everything but for now I'm starting with the subs and an amp.

I've decided to go with 2 hybrid audio i8's, after specing everything out for the ported box I wanted, the outside dimensions go from 56" long 14" wide 7.5" high in the front and 4.5" in the back to match the contour of the seats the best I can. Port size is 6x3 and the box is tuned to 32 hz.

I went with the hybrids because I'm not looking for over all loudness but for great clearity in all ranges and man these things are really top notch.

Anyways on to the pics and if you guys have any questions don't be afraid to ask.

I well eventually get more pics of the finished product once I get the box carpeted and everything worked out. I got everything wired in to make sure its all functioning properly so now its on to mounting amps the way I want then carpeting the box.

Enjoy, Bill
Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Do you have an EQ or digital sound processor? Those ported will have a large peak/hump in the response since the F150 has solid cabin gain in the lower frequencies.

Box looks nice though!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:39 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks, as of right now I'm only running a line out convertor from the factory wiring to get signal. I will have a processor soon as some point once I need to upgrade the components. Subs are only seeing about 225 watts rms and its bumpin pretty good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My box build