Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

My 2015 Lariate partial Sony overhaul!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 02:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My 2015 Lariate partial Sony overhaul!

After a week of driving the Sony upgrade needed serious help.
I just added this and what a world of difference!!
I'm calling this phase one and am holding out on the sub replacement in hopes some third party will come out with a decent box that will fit behind the seats in my supercrew.

Sorry no pics...
-full dynomat in the front doors and added some Focal 165KR components, tweeters in the pillars.

- JL 500/3v2 3 channel amp to power the fronts and actually am running the stock Sony sub off this now too, with gains turned down and it sounds better actually. Like I said above, I'm doing this until I get a real sub in there.

-I actually just unhooked my center and also unhooked the super awesome fake engine noise

-everything running through the Audio Control LC7i.

- I actually just left the stock rears with the stock Sony amp running them. Eventually I'll take the time and replace with some focal 5x7s and dynomat the full door but will keep the Sony amp running them since it's just rear fill.

It turned out great, sounds amazing for what it is.
If read a ton of threads here so thanks for all the great info and advice!
Old 04-06-2017, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silkywoods
After a week of driving the Sony upgrade needed serious help.
I just added this and what a world of difference!!
I'm calling this phase one and am holding out on the sub replacement in hopes some third party will come out with a decent box that will fit behind the seats in my supercrew.

Sorry no pics...
-full dynomat in the front doors and added some Focal 165KR components, tweeters in the pillars.

- JL 500/3v2 3 channel amp to power the fronts and actually am running the stock Sony sub off this now too, with gains turned down and it sounds better actually. Like I said above, I'm doing this until I get a real sub in there.

-I actually just unhooked my center and also unhooked the super awesome fake engine noise

-everything running through the Audio Control LC7i.

- I actually just left the stock rears with the stock Sony amp running them. Eventually I'll take the time and replace with some focal 5x7s and dynomat the full door but will keep the Sony amp running them since it's just rear fill.

It turned out great, sounds amazing for what it is.
If read a ton of threads here so thanks for all the great info and advice!
good to hear the success. I'm a newb with audio is it as simple at cutting the positive negative coming out from the sony amp to the speakers you want to amplify and running them into the lc7i. Then out into the new amp. Then reconnect to the wires going into the doors going to the speakers? Did you also do the same with the tweeters? Reroute then through the lc7i and amp.
Leaving the rear door speaker wire untouched in order to do a setuo similar to yours
Did your focals come with crossovers that you also had to install? Are you still happy with the factory sub being juiced by your amp or have you upgraded.

Quick Reply: My 2015 Lariate partial Sony overhaul!