Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

MX-1 or RE-Q5

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MX-1 or RE-Q5

I have narrowed it down to these two processors. I need to connect to one 200 watt 4 channel amp and one 200 watt 2 channel amp. My amps have speaker level inputs but I also looking for a separate out for the sub amp.
It would also be great to process the signal also. Looking for that 100.00 range.
Suggestions????
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 AM

Maybe I asked this question a little strange!

Bottom line...
Which one of these do you prefer?

Thanks,
Old 09-13-2010, 07:35 AM
09 FX4

Received 179 Likes on 89 Posts

I have 2 friends who put in RE-Q5. One of them had a noise problem at low volume but I think it has more to do with his truck than anything (older GMC). I've researched and discussed with a few here before my install and went with the MX-1. Couldn't be happier, 0 noise at 0 volume. I'm running 2 amps off it and using it as the hi/lo converter. I'm only inputting the front speakers to get my sub output.

The RE-Q5 does come w/ an auxilliary input if you want to add one and can be placed anywhere needed. Works good on my buddies F150. The MX-1 has a remote bass gain **** which I use all the time and don't think I could live w/o it. My Audison sub has the capability, but was another $50 to get it shipped to me. Both have the capability to boost sub gain but the RE-Q5 adds gain at higher volumes so it is more linear.

I like the setup and looks of the MX-1 better.

Edit: Also note that the MX-1 has remote turn-on capability for the amps. It can use signal sensing to turn-on or a hardwire remote input which I did. I know at low volumes, like during sync, there can cut-off issues during a phone call. The MX-1 also stays powered up for about 30 seconds after vehicle power off. So, if there are any power off pops from the amps, you won't hear them becuase you should be exited from the vehicle at that point. The RE-Q5 has remote turn-on capability also, but I believe it does not delay the turn-off feature.

Last edited by stormsearch; 09-13-2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Add turn-on info
Old 09-13-2010, 01:06 PM

Stormsearch,
Thanks for the good information. After reading a lot of reviews and these forums, I think the best for my set up will be the MX-1 also.

Quick Reply: MX-1 or RE-Q5