Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Music to go with my new radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 07:55 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Music to go with my new radio

I don't know what your musical tastes are out there but I am a retired Army musician, so my tastes are rather eclectic. I have been braking in my new radio with a group out of Finland called Nightwish. Their style is called symphonic metal. the link below has samples of their recordings. Imagine a heavy metal band backed by a full symphonic orchestra and chorus.

http://www.nightwish.com/en/files/audio
Old 02-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ever herd of authority zero? not even close to the same thing, yet they are cool in their own way.
Old 02-20-2008, 09:57 PM

Thank for the turn on I'll have a couple of Authority Zero CD in about 20 min'.
Old 02-20-2008, 10:32 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorites are:

Disturbed
Godsmack
Chevelle
Pillar
Papa Roach
A Perfect Circle
Nickelback
Old 02-21-2008, 01:34 AM

where do I start I have over a "T" byte of music on my hard drives.

I was reading through the manual on this Pioneer and I see it will support up to a 250 gig hard drive, the radio supports the FAT32 file system which for this kind of storage is just fine. Having 250 gig's worth of music files is a better part of a year or so worth of music played 24/7, in other words who cares about the on board CD drive. an external 2.5 inch HD for a laptop would be perfect. Below is a link to such a drive. This drive is about the size of a I Pod classic just a bit thicker and is powered by it's USB connection. You could stash this drive in your glove box mounting it on Velcro so it doesn't knock around. Personally I don't think I would get the 250 gig size, a 120 gig drive is less then a 100 bucks and you are still looking at 6 months, or so, worth of music. The price of these portable HD's are much cheaper then an Ipod but when hooked up to this radio the functionality is the same. This is the reason why my advice to anyone in the market for a new head unit for their truck is to make sure it has a USB port. When I first started looking at radios I wanted the USB port on the front. I changed this when I watched a video on the Pioneer site and saw that having the port in the back with an extension cable was the way to go. It makes the mounting of what ever type of storage device that much easier. USB ports on head units makes onboard CD drives redundent, in fact you can already get HU that do not have a CD drives at all in place of the CD drive they have USB ports front and rear as well a slots to use various types if flash drives.

This type of functionality has got to be like a dagger in the heart of the RIAA. These kinds of radios will kill off even more sales of their over priced CD's. You have to love it!!!!!!

Incidentally over the last several years I have purchased a bunch of stuff from Tiger Direct they are great!!!, their customer service is right up there with Crutchfield's. Here is what Tiger Direct has in these 2.5 inch externals.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...asp?CatId=2420

Last edited by transmaster; 02-21-2008 at 11:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Music to go with my new radio