Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Mtx amp to stock radio help!!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mtx amp to stock radio help!!

Hey fellas, today I got a Mtx t 4001 class d amp and a kicker s12l5 sub. The guy didn't have the 4 pin plug to go into the speaker level input so could I wire from the stock head unit (standard single cd) using rear speaker wires somehow? Please help some one...my truck is torn all apart and I'm stuck!!
Old 06-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the easiest thing for you to do is get a LOC, you can get one are your local radio shack or walmart if you need one quick..or online...its a Line ouput converter, takes high level speaker input from say your rear speaker wire and converts it into a rca output...will give you better sound quality versus just using a high level input
Old 06-17-2011, 11:57 PM

Great! So I just take the + and- from both rears and plug in to loc and then into the RCA input on the amp right?
Old 06-18-2011, 12:05 AM
Car Audio Junkie

correct, depending on the loc, sometimes they will require a ground, some require a 12+ source some require a rem too, ive seen them all, but some have none, some have all 3, some have just the rem, just look at them before you purchase it thats gonna be your cheapest option
Old 06-18-2011, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by loganberry
the easiest thing for you to do is get a LOC, you can get one are your local radio shack or walmart if you need one quick..or online...its a Line ouput converter, takes high level speaker input from say your rear speaker wire and converts it into a rca output...will give you better sound quality versus just using a high level input
Actually a loc is a high level input it's just external rather than internal. Using the high level that's built into the amp with get the exact same results it would just be cleaner, easier and cheaper if he had the harness.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 AM

I appreciate the help guys!!!!! I'll see if I can locate the harness thy goes with the amp but I'll prolly end up at walmart in the morning. :p. I've got a lot of great information an tips from y'all in thi forum and I can't thank y'all enuff!!!!
Old 06-18-2011, 12:23 AM
Car Audio Junkie

actually a good loc will give you better sound quality than using the plug that comes with the amp...there is a reason that people use rca's for amps, they give better signal input, better clarity etc...and when you see a loc its not just a few wires there is a box and what not there too because there is components and stuff inside to give you a higher signal voltage, so its not just a waste, if your not gonna get a new headunit, at least get a loc if not something better
Old 06-18-2011, 01:57 AM

Thanx! I plan on gettin a new hu in the next month or so. This sub and amp kinda fell in my lap and was just gonna hook it upfor now. It kills me because I've ran stage sound for Marshall Tucker, Eric church and big names like that where it takes 8 hours to set up the sound system but this little ole truck has given me some fits!! Lol
Old 06-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Car Audio Junkie

haha yup, thats how it usually goes, when installing something for yourself usually takes quite a bit longer than when you do it for someone else :P
Old 06-19-2011, 09:48 AM

Received 150 Likes on 117 Posts

jl audio clean sweep

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mtx amp to stock radio help!!