Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Maestro sync Pink/Red wire

Old 03-25-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maestro sync Pink/Red wire

When I connect the pink/red wire under the center tray to the sync module, do I reconnect the blue/orange wire with the pink/red wire attached or do I only connect pink/red to the steering wheel side of the blue orange wire? do I leave the module side of the blue/orange wire disconnected?

Boy that's wordy!!
Old 03-25-2014, 03:48 PM
F150 Forum

Received 147 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewbaby88
When I connect the pink/red wire under the center tray to the sync module, do I reconnect the blue/orange wire with the pink/red wire attached or do I only connect pink/red to the steering wheel side of the blue orange wire? do I leave the module side of the blue/orange wire disconnected?
When you locate the correct blue/orange wire, you cut it in half. There will be two sides, one going directly into the Sync module (the module under the tray) and one going down into the dash of the truck towards he steering wheel.

You will connect the pink/red to the side going down into the truck and tape off (isolate) the side going into the module.

If you have this correct, the Maestro module LED will blink when you press the following buttons:

Voice - 1 blink
OK - 2 blinks
Phone - 3 blinks

As I said, PM me.
Old 10-29-2023, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12V Guy
When you locate the correct blue/orange wire, you cut it in half. There will be two sides, one going directly into the Sync module (the module under the tray) and one going down into the dash of the truck towards he steering wheel.

You will connect the pink/red to the side going down into the truck and tape off (isolate) the side going into the module.

If you have this correct, the Maestro module LED will blink when you press the following buttons:

Voice - 1 blink
OK - 2 blinks
Phone - 3 blinks

As I said, PM me.
how do I make these 3 buttons work on android head unit with no sync module? I installed a junk yard steering wheel that has the media buttons. Previously didn't have the buttons and don't have sync. It was basically plug and play and I'm trying to get the buttons to work on this android screen I installed. The buttons circled in red are the only ones being recognized by the head unit. Why aren't the other 3 working? I've wired the 2 wires which would be the orange/blue and purple/white to the steering wheel, but I don't know how to connect them to the head unit.
Old 10-30-2023, 04:08 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Abbasf150
how do I make these 3 buttons work on android head unit with no sync module? I installed a junk yard steering wheel that has the media buttons. Previously didn't have the buttons and don't have sync. It was basically plug and play and I'm trying to get the buttons to work on this android screen I installed. The buttons circled in red are the only ones being recognized by the head unit. Why aren't the other 3 working? I've wired the 2 wires which would be the orange/blue and purple/white to the steering wheel, but I don't know how to connect them to the head unit.
You said plug n play. Why are u using maestro? You should have a canbus box with the radio

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Maestro sync Pink/Red wire