Originally Posted by deejayarecue
Any insight into the sound quality of this system? Are people with the Sony amp'd systems able to adjust crossover points and PEQ settings? Does this solution compress the audio at higher volumes like the stock Sony systems do?
I'm ALL IN for this system when/if there's ever an appropriate dash kit made to replace the stock Sony Nav and climate control buttons.
As covered before, likely not going to be a solution for the OEM navi in the later model trucks. No kit, display is modular and not enough people willing to buy.
However, wanted to address your question on Sony amps in the non-nav trucks.
1. You can fade the Sony amp, even though you only feed in two channels of audio from the Kenwood radio.
2. You can access the settings of the amp and change: Speed compensated volume, Surround/stereo, and adjust the gain of the amp.
3. There are no crossover points in the Sony amp that can be adjusted and if you set them in your Kenwood, you will be limiting frequencies to the input of the amp and to ALL speakers connected to it. So that is not recommended.
4. You can use the EQ in the Kenwood radio if you want, but that will be on top of the curve built into the Sony amp and that factory curve is not able to be defeated. So play at your own peril.... you can always go back to flat if you want.
5. If you decide to pull out the Sony amp and go all aftermarket, you need to flash Maestro over and uncheck the Amplifier box in the OEM systems section. This will defeat the digital fader and allow the Kenwood to fade normally.
Hope this is clear!