Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Looking to upgrade Please help new guy :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Looking to upgrade Please help new guy :)

Hi guys Im new to the site and I have a 2011 F150 Platinum. It has the navigation system touch screen stock in it but Im looking to get a new head unit. I instaled four Memphis 6*8s in all four doors and love how crisp and clear the sound is but the max volume that my stock head unit puts out is probably about half of what these speakers are capable of putting out. I know because i had these speakers in my old truck and they sounded amazing. They still sound good just don't put out what they are capable of when it comes to volume. Ok so i am also eventually going to get a JL stealth box and an amp so i would definitely like to have a little bit more volume control sooner rather then later. I have a couple questions....one is what is a good head unit to get for this truck? I want a touch screen obviously and was looking at the Ouku Android which was beautiful but i heard some bad things about it. HOW ABOUT PIONEER APP RADIO? Will this run an amp and sub? will in be compatible with my iPhone? It would be nice if i could control the head unit volume and bluetooth through my steering wheel still but obviously if I can't then I can't. Thank you in advance and sorry for all the questions
Old 01-23-2015, 06:17 PM

will any of these head units even fit??? I need more volume thats my main problem so if anyone knows a way to increase the max volume that would solve all problems and me a ton of money lol thanks
Old 01-23-2015, 06:56 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

You need to add an amp to your door speakers for more volume. Just search for how people have done it with the Sony system
The following users liked this post:
a2ron02 (01-23-2015)
Old 01-30-2015, 12:11 AM
always dirty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You can use Jl 5 channel amp to power Everything .or, alpine Pdx 5 will do . Maybe some other 5 channels will do. But I only run Jl5 and Alpine 5 .so far they are good .
Old 01-30-2015, 05:19 PM

Default thank you

thanks a ton guys i really appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Looking to upgrade Please help new guy :)