Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Looking for a factory CD stereo

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for a factory CD stereo

My 2003 F150 Screw has the factory cassette deck in the double-din style. I would like to replace it with a factory CD stereo. Does anyone have one they might have removed when doing a stereo upgrade? I'm tired of having to use a cassette tape adapter to connect a portable cd player to it if I want to listen to my cd's. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2015, 12:55 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo Ghost
My 2003 F150 Screw has the factory cassette deck in the double-din style. I would like to replace it with a factory CD stereo. Does anyone have one they might have removed when doing a stereo upgrade? I'm tired of having to use a cassette tape adapter to connect a portable cd player to it if I want to listen to my cd's. Thanks!
You should post this in the For Sale/WTB forum.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey man where you located? I have a stock unit out of an 04 that's am/ft and 6 disc changer
Old 04-26-2015, 03:05 PM

I'm in Kingsport. How does the changer work? Is it internal to the head unit or is there a separate unit for the changer? I just want to pop my unit out and a new one in. How much do you want for it? Thanks!

Last edited by Turbo Ghost; 04-26-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:10 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I'm in Kingsport. How does the changer work? Is it internal to the head unit or is there a separate unit for the changer? I just want to pop my unit out and a new one in. Thanks!

Probably has the 6 disc in dash cd changer, had one in the 04 Explorer I traded in. You press the [load] button and it rotates to the next open slot until it's full.
Old 04-26-2015, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
You should post this in the For Sale/WTB forum.

Thanks! Didn't think of that! Old-timer's getting to me!
Old 04-27-2015, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Probably has the 6 disc in dash cd changer, had one in the 04 Explorer I traded in. You press the [load] button and it rotates to the next open slot until it's full.

Sweet! That's what I'm looking for!
Old 04-27-2015, 03:19 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Don't know how close you are to Knoxville but they have a pullapart there where you might score one for real cheap, buddy I know got one for his truck for something like $8, $11 for a warranty in case it didn't work he could bring it back for another.

Ridiculously low prices www.pullapart.com
Old 04-27-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a head unit that I just took out of a 2006 Explorer. We just bought it last weekend form a dealer. It had 30,000 miles. Was literally owned by a little old lady in Bismarck ND. I doubt it has ever had a CD played in it. If your interested I could box it up and send it to you for the price of shipping. Just let me know.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Don't know how close you are to Knoxville but they have a pullapart there where you might score one for real cheap, buddy I know got one for his truck for something like $8, $11 for a warranty in case it didn't work he could bring it back for another.

Ridiculously low prices www.pullapart.com

Not a bad idea! I'm about 90 miles from that pullapart.

Quick Reply: Looking for a factory CD stereo