Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

looking for 2010 oem cd headunit

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for 2010 oem cd headunit

hey i've been all over the internet and can't find a factory headunit. I thought of after market, but i work at an inner city fire department and know an aftermarket unit will get ripped off. (they'll pull a damn street box and break in while we're out)
anyone got links to one or a part number I'd like to pay no more than 200ish
Old 10-22-2010, 11:22 AM

I'm confused. You don't already have one?

Anyway, I think they should be the same, but I have a 2009 OEM CD player. It's just the regular one, single disc, no SYNC or anything. I recently put in an aftermarket head unit. I was going to hang on to it in case I ever needed to put it back in, but I doubt that I ever will.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:31 AM

Ok, we have some questions for this process. I didn't do the install of my new radio, so I'm not sure how the wiring is back there.

When I swapped out my OEM radio for the aftermarket one, my Aux minijack is still down by the power point. It isn't hooked up to the new radio, as the new one has its own jack.

How is the minijack wired to the factory radio? Is it part of the harness? Is it a separate plug that is probably hanging behind my radio? If it is part of the harness, would Booya's non-CD AM/FM radio have it as part of the harness?

Thanks.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Depending on the trim package and region, it's going to be one of several different radios. The radio did change some between '09 and '10 model years insomuch as the Sirius tuner is integrated into the main radio chassis instead of being a standalone unit and Sync came stock in most of the trims. I have a Lariat and *might* be willing to part with mine once I install my aftermarket Nav unit.

Quick Reply: looking for 2010 oem cd headunit