Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Lookin for suggestions for a '94 F-350

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for suggestions for a '94 F-350

Before you tell me this is the wrong place for this, I used to frequent these boards (under another account that has since been deleted), and I used to be an F-150 owner. This audio forum was always good to me, I figure you guys might have useful input.

A friend of mine has a '94 F-350 Crew Cab that he's going to be driving to and from work each day (45 minute trip), and he's giving me a $5,000 budget to replace his stereo with something better. Currently, everything is stock.

Front speakers are 5" rounds, rear are the standard Ford 5x7's. Dash will probably only fit a single, maybe 1.5 DIN head unit. If you need any specific measurements, I'll have to ask the guy, as I won't have physical access to this truck until the weekend I actually install everything (later this summer).

My focus will be sound quality above all else, and I'm looking for some suggestions from you guys that will keep me within this budget. $5,000 is a hard limit, including wires and other hardware.

Keep in mind I live in Canada, so if you're going to suggest something from an online source, they must be willing to ship here.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2010, 05:21 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Welcome back!

Damn, $5k (around 4k US right?), you're up into some really high end stuff with that kind of budget with a DIY install. Check out the guys over at DIYMA.com (SQ forum) they'll be able to help you spend your money a lot better than me.

IIRC the doors in my 95 had 6.5"s in them, you may want to double check.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GATORB8
Welcome back!

Damn, $5k (around 4k US right?), you're up into some really high end stuff with that kind of budget with a DIY install. Check out the guys over at DIYMA.com (SQ forum) they'll be able to help you spend your money a lot better than me.

IIRC the doors in my 95 had 6.5"s in them, you may want to double check.
My biggest purchases will be the amps and sub(s). I don't believe he wants an in-dash DVD player so I can save myself money there.. I'll check out that forum and see what they have to say, but feel free to recommend me brands and models that have worked for you in the past

Also, the 6.5" sounds more accurate for the fronts, but like I said I don't have physical access to the truck yet. I'll have him double check his measurements when he has a chance.

Edit: According to Google, 5000 Canadian dollars = 4 796.625 U.S. dollars
We're pretty close right now.

Quick Reply: Lookin for suggestions for a '94 F-350