Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

loganberry?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default loganberry?

Any place that is a good place to buy specifically eXcelon products. I got in mind what I want I just haven't found one place that carrys everything and at a good place.

I'm looking at
1- DDX814(head unit)
1 or 2- X1200M(Mono Digital)
1 or 2- KFC-XW12R(woofers)
1- X600F(4 channel Digital)
1 or 2- KFC-XT15ie(tweets)
Then components which I haven't researched what sizes will fit yet.

If I decided to go with 2 subs then I will be going with 2 Mono amps. But I just haven't decided yet how I'm going to go about the box. The center console is coming out but I haven't found specs for cubic feet I need for those subs.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:20 PM
Car Audio Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice choice on headunit, are you 100% stuck on running all kenwood? there high end amps are nice, there prices are not...but the low end amps are very cheap, and there subs are far from impressive

cheapest place your going to find what you need is ebay, alot of people shy from ebay but ive bought 100's of things from there, 1 ask if they offer a warrenty, either factory or manufactorer, check there feedback, dont buy from anyone under 95%, and check the amount of items they have sold, if its under 1000 items keep searching!
Old 03-25-2009, 12:07 AM

I'm about 95% stuck on kenwood but not going to rule out anything. I want loud and CLEAR and that is what my experience has been with eXcelon in the past. Loud isn't near as important as the clear.

Basically though my experience outside Kenwood has been other peoples cars (which who knows how they have it set) or the one pair of high end 6x9 audiobauns I had because they were on clearance and "looked cool".....

Oh and the solobaric I bought and returned after install because it was a total pos as far as sound quality IMO.......
Old 03-25-2009, 12:27 AM
Car Audio Junkie

thats what dc offers, they get loud as hell but sound amazing doing so...out of everything you posted it looks good but the subs, i would like to see you use some level 2's
Old 03-25-2009, 11:26 AM

So I was looking at the DC specs and the X1200M specs. I'm thinking I have plenty of cubic feet to go with two subs and two amps.

X1200 M specs

Rated Output Power (14.4V)
800W RMS X 1 @ 4ohm (20Hz-200Hz @1% THD)
1200W RMS X1 @ 2ohm (100HZ @ 1%)

Rated Power Output (CEA 2006)
800W RMS x 1 @ 4ohm
(RMS @ 4ohm, 1% THD+N)
75dBa Signal-To-Noise Ratio

However this amp is 1 ohm load capable.

So. A level two seems like it's not going to be enough woofer for my amps.

Level 4 is what I kinda want looking at the specs, but throws another wrench in the pile being that it's designed for ported enclosures, which I have not had any expereience building.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:34 PM
Car Audio Junkie

it is designed for ported, but has been used in sealed conditions, only problem you will have is its depth and the type of music you listen to, when its ported its peak fequency is quite low, where as it slams hard on 30 hz, but no so much at 40, but it will still sound great on everything! i hope that you do decide to go with dc as you wont be disapointed
Old 03-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Depth won't be a problem as I'm planning on taking out the jumpseat in my truck and building it there. What $ am I looking at for 2 12" level 4s. I know you push these DCs all the time, but no one around here as even heard of them. That said I've heard good things other places on the net, so I'm willing to give them a try and keep everything else eXcelon. After all while I loved the sound of my eXcelon 12's I had in 03 I did have to send them in after 6 months.....

I really want to go ported since that is what it calls for and you bring up type of music, as I listen to everything from St. Lunatics to Alan Jackson.... and want it to sound great no matter what I decide to listen to that day.

Like I said though I don't have a clue about ported. I'm going to make a square box and then build my amp rack and fiberglass around everything to make it look good. I'm going to play around with some sketches and post i'm so you can give me some ideas...
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM

Ok. So I never said anything about being good drawing on the computer. I think you get the idea though. The box will have a divider to isolate the two subs. I'm wanting the subs to be down facing so that I can build a console into the fiberglass up top. I will build a baseboard around the bottom to make room for excursion and keep it as open as possible but still sturdy. For the ports I plan on using the basic ported style only instead of having it port out the front(same direction as sub) like all the genaric boxes, I want mine coming out the front and the back. Would that work or is there a air flow reason why the ports are usually the same direction as the sub?

After doing some research I find that you have to adjust the lenth of your ports to tune the box, is there a mathematical way of doing this or do you have to put everything together then get a scope, then adjust the length of the ports?
Old 03-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Car Audio Junkie

can you get a better picture of that box? and whats the tuning and cubic footage?

also is that 1k rms for both subs or 1? they are 1k rms, email rusty www.dcsoundlab.com tell him logan (loganberry) sent you, he will get you a good price and take care of you
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by loganberry
can you get a better picture of that box? and whats the tuning and cubic footage?

also is that 1k rms for both subs or 1? they are 1k rms, email rusty www.dcsoundlab.com tell him logan (loganberry) sent you, he will get you a good price and take care of you

Haha. No. That is my drawing. I will be building the box, I will build the box to specs I get from DC, and not sure about the tuning part of it yet. Learning yet...... I will not be going together with everything until late april or may whenever work picks back up.

As far as I can figure If I wire the dual voice coils on the Level 4's in parallel I will be at 1 ohm. The amp is 1 ohm capable but I can't find 1 ohm specs on it. Thanks I'll shoot him a e-mail tommorow from work..

Quick Reply: loganberry?