Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

LOC or no

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2016, 02:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default LOC or no

I have a 2013 f150 supercrew with the 4.2 inch LCD screen. I'm adding an amp and sub while keeping the stock deck. I'm looking at buying a JBL gtx500 mono amp. This amp has hi level speaker inputs. Is a LOC needed still? I was originally going to add an audiocontrol LC2I but wasn't sure if this redundant or if would still be beneficial to add.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:08 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mc01ta
I have a 2013 f150 supercrew with the 4.2 inch LCD screen. I'm adding an amp and sub while keeping the stock deck. I'm looking at buying a JBL gtx500 mono amp. This amp has hi level speaker inputs. Is a LOC needed still? I was originally going to add an audiocontrol LC2I but wasn't sure if this redundant or if would still be beneficial to add.
I add a LOC just because I feel you get a better signal with less noise. You should be able to use the hi level speaker leads. If I were you I would tap the back speakers and run wire to your amp. You could always add the LOC right there by the amp if you want to experiment. I would also try it without the LC2I. I have always just upgraded the door speakers and added a amp/sub. You will be pleasantly surprised how it sounds.