Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Left front speaker going in and out!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 12:58 PM

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Left front speaker going in and out!

My system in my 2011 Screw consist of Pioneer 3 way 6x8's in all 4 doors, dynomat in each door, the Pac adaptor and a Sound ordinance B-8PT behind the rear seat on the passenger side.

I have noticed when I hit small bumps or a pot whole that the drivers side front speaker will go in and out. The connection is held together with the kits you get form Crutchfield when you buy speakers from them. Do you think its just the connection that isn't secure. I have been thinking about soldering it together. If I solder the connection do I need to heat shrink the connection point?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:09 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

When I used the adapters I had to squeeze the connectors that slid on the new speakers with a pliers. You could do that or cut them off and solder them No need for shrink tubing
The following users liked this post:
Mudweiser (03-25-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ran into this same issue with my front right speaker. I found my issue to also be the adapters that connected the cables to the speaker. I removed the adapters and just hardwired the cables to the speaker. Everything has worked perfectly for about a week now.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 AM

Never mind, the speaker started cutting out again. In at a loss, new radio, new speakers, and I have removed all the ford disconnects supposedly having the issue. If you end up finding the solution please let us know.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Its most likely a connection or the speaker itself. Make sure the crimp isnt crimping on the insulation itself but rather on the wires. Give each crimp a slight tug to see if its secure. If all that is good swap the problem speaker with 1 that isnt cutting out. If the cut out moved with the speaker then you probably have a defective unit.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 2011 SCREW XLT with the factory radio SYNC setup that did the same thing. I was able to get the dealer to replicate the issue one time, but they still couldn't find a fix. Mine was the front driver door speaker.

Good luck!
Old 04-08-2013, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 FX4 screw and my speaker used to cut out. The dealer said there is a TSB for the front left speaker and they replaced it. The speaker no longer loses sound totally but the high notes/ treble coming out of the left speaker does not match the right front speaker. The right front speaker is much louder when playing treble or high notes. They replaced the speaker a second time and are now ordering me a new radio. But, from what you have said that may not help seeing you have replaced the radio already.

I'll post up if the new ford head unit makes a difference.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Future EBFX4 Owner

I am also losing sound out my left but my right side cuts out to hope there's a fix soon
Old 04-09-2013, 09:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My brothers 2011 FX4 had the same DF speaker cutting in/out that seemed to be fixed after I replaced the speaker. Also saw on another vehicle where that particular speaker had lower volume/output when compared to the passenger speaker but concluded it was the add on PAC satellite tuner done by the dealer(possibly a poor connection or defective cable) since his volume was the better on all other media sources. Regardless each scenario is unique and requires a different fix.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:00 PM

I wanted to let you know I finally ran new speaker wire from my HU to my two front speakers. This was my last resort, because I had to drill though the wall to get into the cab (I have the molex connectors and I didn't want to risk drilling a hole in the molex). This definitely fixed the issue and I took the opportunity to use higher quality wire. The installation of both wires only took about 30 min and was pretty easy. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Left front speaker going in and out!