Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

LCQ-1 and JL Clean Sweep

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:26 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Default LCQ-1 and JL Clean Sweep

I can't believe I am considering this, but here goes...

If you have seen my other threads you know I am running the Audiocontrol LCQ-1. And overall I have no complaints with it. But on the floor of my office, never used, never opened, and not returnable is a JL Clean Sweep and Signal Summing Interface.

Guys it's killing me. I am dying to try the Clean Sweep and compare the two before I can sleep at night. The way I see it, the LCQ-1 already has all power/ground/remote wires right there as well as the correct factory inputs for the signal summing interface. I truly think I can have it hooked up in less than 10 minutes.

Should I bother?
Old 05-07-2012, 08:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by etazeta
I can't believe I am considering this, but here goes...

If you have seen my other threads you know I am running the Audiocontrol LCQ-1. And overall I have no complaints with it. But on the floor of my office, never used, never opened, and not returnable is a JL Clean Sweep and Signal Summing Interface.

Guys it's killing me. I am dying to try the Clean Sweep and compare the two before I can sleep at night. The way I see it, the LCQ-1 already has all power/ground/remote wires right there as well as the correct factory inputs for the signal summing interface. I truly think I can have it hooked up in less than 10 minutes.

Should I bother?
YES! Because I have them both also un-opened just sitting here. I was going to sell them both but was wondering if they might be better than the LCQ1. It's mostly my fault as I don't know what I doing half the time...... lol...
Old 05-07-2012, 11:24 PM

Okay. Done. I'm too tired to play with it but the Cleansweep is installed (loosely) and calibrated. I've got at least an hour of driving tomorrow to test different tracks. I'll report back.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Outstanding! Can't wait to hear your results!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:46 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welllll!?
Old 05-08-2012, 06:52 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

+1
Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 PM

Verdict is in...

Jl Clean Sweep wins.

Just a higher quality product, based on 3 weeks with the lcq-1 and one day with the JL. First off it's dead quiet. Love that. Summing is perfect. And the overall SQ is much better. I also like the retention of the factory HU tone controls. Set to zero for calibration but after that they're fully functional. So you can tweak bass/treble on the fly easily. Now, the JL dreaded "master volume ****" - not even an issue. I set the level on the **** then unplugged it. Never had a problem. Used HU and steering wheel volume just fine all day.

Keep in mind you'll want to use amps that offer some crossover points. Clean Sweep gives you a brilliant signal but you'll want to tweak a little on the other side of it. And I may end up adding a bass **** before its over with - where the lcq-1 offers that easily.

Bottom line. Lcq-1 is a very, very good product. Clean Sweep just seems better. I never got much out of the lcq-1 EQ to begin with. And believe me I tweaked constantly.

Comments welcomed.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:55 PM

Great feedback! Thank you. If you sere my processors thread you'll see I had similar questions. I ended up with with Alpine HXE-P660. (not certain if I have the correct part number)

Anyways. Your install is proof positive that I did good in NOT buying the lcq unit
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great, I think I will install in the next week and see how it does also. So u say there is no noise when running? Just curious because the lcq1 has a hiss all the time. Thanks...
Old 05-09-2012, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by WGFA
Great, I think I will install in the next week and see how it does also. So u say there is no noise when running? Just curious because the lcq1 has a hiss all the time. Thanks...
A hiss would drive me f'ing nuts! Let us know how it goes.

Quick Reply: LCQ-1 and JL Clean Sweep