Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

LC2I problem?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 11:18 PM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Default LC2I problem?

So i have removed the sub from my sony system and am using a LC2i for signal processing then going to a fosgate pbr500.1 at 1 ohm to a phoenix gold sx 10.. when I turn the volume up to the last 6 or so ticks on the volume meter the sub cuts out. At first I thought it was the amp....but it wasn't going into protect mode or anything. Then I noticed the lc2i was freezing up it seemed when the volume was turnt up too high. I have turned down the acubass and bass gains on the lc2i and my amp gain is almost all the way down...this has given me a little more volume but still cuts out at max volume...... any ideas? My theory was that the lc2i was putting out too stong of a signal for my amp..... still working on that though
Old 06-03-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rca

just use one side of rca
Old 06-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Mass Effect

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

The LC2i won't be putting out too strong a signal. Those amps will handle 8 volts or more which that Audiocontrol unit won't put out. I think the CleanSweep was the only one that cranked up to 8 volts. I could be wrong though. I'm not a spec fanatic really.

A sub cutting out at high volume kinda sounds like a connection issue. If the gains are set too high this would cause the amp to clip which would send around a 1000 watt signal to the sub which would push it beyond the suspension's limits.

First guess is the connections though. Go through all of them and make sure everything is properly terminated and secure, and you're using the proper gauge of wire.

Quick Reply: LC2I problem?