Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Koolertron backup camera

Old 08-02-2012, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koolertron backup camera

I just got done installing my Koolertron backup camera and I'm not getting any video.

The red led lights are lighting up so I'm getting power. I grabbed a different video cable and hooked it to another screen and still no video. I'm assuming the camera is having issues. The only other thought I have is to hook up another video to the wire to see if it will at least play that.

Any other ideas? I'm pretty sure the camera is defective at this point.

Also installed a Pioneer AVH-P1400DVD. Pretty easy install. I have a nice dvd screen in the back that came with the rig and is working nicely.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:09 PM

id ten t error. Got it straightened out and working. Just need to tie the reverse wire on the HU so it auto switches in reverse.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Canuck with a truck

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Can you take some pics of where you placed the camera and what it looks like on the screen when its all done, because i want to add a backup cam to my pioneer avh-2400bt.
Old 08-03-2012, 09:21 AM

I'll try to post a few pics this weekend.

The camera is a license plate camera and just mounts through the rear license plate bolts. I'm going to make an adapter so it will actually mount just above the license plate if I have enough clearance with the tailgate down. Right now it's covering up part of my Husker license plate frame and I just can't have that.

Pretty easy install other wise. I pulled power off the reverse trailer plug, but I'm planning on running power from the cab with a toggle switch so I can turn it on when I'm not in reverse. I could use the ignition hot wire back there but I don't want the camera on all the time.

The Koolertron was less than $20, can't go wrong with that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Koolertron backup camera