Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

kicker substage, add to sony

Old 12-29-2014, 09:51 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default kicker substage, add to sony

I have a 2011 f150 super crew with the factor sony 700 watt system, no navigation. I have been researching upgrading the factory sony subwoofer. I have read and read about installs of the kicker substage but mostly on non sony systems.my question is, do they make a variation of this kicker substage that is truly plus and play into my sony subwoofer wiring harness. Aka no need to tap into rear speaker wires, run power from battery and such.

Any help from owners who have installed this sub into their existin sony woofer wiring would be much appreciated.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:02 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Solar07
I have a 2011 f150 super crew with the factor sony 700 watt system, no navigation. I have been researching upgrading the factory sony subwoofer. I have read and read about installs of the kicker substage but mostly on non sony systems.my question is, do they make a variation of this kicker substage that is truly plus and play into my sony subwoofer wiring harness. Aka no need to tap into rear speaker wires, run power from battery and such.

Any help from owners who have installed this sub into their existin sony woofer wiring would be much appreciated.
It is made for a plug and play to the 4.2" screen. Adding one to a Sony system will not be as easy
Old 12-29-2014, 07:59 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Solar07, it adds to a system with Sony the same way it does to a Non Sony stereo.... No differnent or Harder to install!

Remove the "excuse my French" ****ty sony 8" sub enclosure, run the Kicker power wire from rear to the battery through the p.s. firewall.

Then run your signal harness from kicker to p.s. kick panel, ground at factory location, then tap p.s. speaker wires for Kicker subs audio signal. Connect the power and audio signal harness to kicker sub enclosure, bolt down to stock sony location. Now enjoy cleaner, well rounded Bass...

Should take a hour to hour and a half, start to finish.

Your welcome...

Last edited by Toddman38; 12-29-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 08:01 PM
One Clean Machine

Quite a few members with Platinums have the kicker substage sub, its a ez upgrade and doesnt require much skill or modification to install!
Old 12-29-2014, 08:55 PM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Thank you for your alls help so far. Do you just tuck the old sony sub wires away then after this?

Kind of a bummer the sony sub wiring already in place won't work. ..
Old 12-29-2014, 09:14 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

From what I have learned, 2009-2010 with Sony system the kicker sub will not work but 2011^ with Sony does work.
Old 12-30-2014, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Solar07, it adds to a system with Sony the same way it does to a Non Sony stereo.... No differnent or Harder to install!

Remove the "excuse my French" ****ty sony 8" sub enclosure, run the Kicker power wire from rear to the battery through the p.s. firewall.

Then run your signal harness from kicker to p.s. kick panel, ground at factory location, then tap p.s. speaker wires for Kicker subs audio signal. Connect the power and audio signal harness to kicker sub enclosure, bolt down to stock sony location. Now enjoy cleaner, well rounded Bass...

Should take a hour to hour and a half, start to finish.

Your welcome...
Do you have the full kicker system installed (subs an speakers) if so how's the difference in sound....
Old 12-30-2014, 09:53 AM

Received 570 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Solar07
Thank you for your alls help so far. Do you just tuck the old sony sub wires away then after this?

Kind of a bummer the sony sub wiring already in place won't work. ..
Instructions say to tuck the factory harness/plug under the carpet...which I did and have no issues with it.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:08 PM
One Clean Machine

Originally Posted by SVTFheide
Do you have the full kicker system installed (subs an speakers) if so how's the difference in sound....
I have the Kicker Substage Sub only, I replaced all my stock door speakers including the pillar tweeters with Infinity Reference-X speakers. Big improvement!
Old 12-30-2014, 02:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman34

I have the Kicker Substage Sub only, I replaced all my stock door speakers including the pillar tweeters with Infinity Reference-X speakers. Big improvement!
Does the sub actually put out bass

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: kicker substage, add to sony