Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Kicker 8" powered "hide away" sub?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 04:23 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Kicker 8" powered "hide away" sub?

Just ordered a little set up...I didn't want to waste space and go over board...went with Rockford fosgate door speakers components and coaxial rears..on a 2012 super crew..but I Also ordered a kicker hide away sub, It's a 8" sub with an built in 150 amp ..all in one in closed box..should I/ can it fit under passenger seat or just put it under rear seat...audio shop suggested under rear seat, it seams like a great idea to save space and not have everything exposed and looks easy to remove..I'm possibly thinking of putting two of these back there if I like them, but I still have factory head unit, I haven't found much that works with the ford sync and I don't want a DVD player and navigation..all tips welcomed !! O and I got the sub ordered for 269$ , Audio shop gave me 20% off
Old 06-16-2013, 07:08 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Fits under passenger seat just fine.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:09 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ernierob130
Just ordered a little set up...I didn't want to waste space and go over board...went with Rockford fosgate door speakers components and coaxial rears..on a 2012 super crew..but I Also ordered a kicker hide away sub, It's a 8" sub with an built in 150 amp ..all in one in closed box..should I/ can it fit under passenger seat or just put it under rear seat...audio shop suggested under rear seat, it seams like a great idea to save space and not have everything exposed and looks easy to remove..I'm possibly thinking of putting two of these back there if I like them, but I still have factory head unit, I haven't found much that works with the ford sync and I don't want a DVD player and navigation..all tips welcomed !! O and I got the sub ordered for 269$ , Audio shop gave me 20% off
I prefer to put mine under the rear seat. Keeps from having feet under the front seats from rear passengers. Get the PAC FRD-24 to get your RCA outs for the sub. Plug N Play. There is a whole thread on it.
The following users liked this post:
ernierob130 (06-17-2013)
Old 06-17-2013, 05:28 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I prefer to put mine under the rear seat. Keeps from having feet under the front seats from rear passengers. Get the PAC FRD-24 to get your RCA outs for the sub. Plug N Play. There is a whole thread on it.
+1

Count me in

How much did the sub cost you and where did you get it from?
Old 06-30-2013, 06:57 PM

Still back ordered... Says should be in this week..I really want this under the passenger seat..as I want it hid as much as possible..so it looks stock with nothing added..but its not real level..i couldn't get the back seats to fold down and it didn't look like there is much room back there to do anything any way
Old 07-18-2013, 05:06 PM

Hide away still back ordered...just ordered the kicker sound gate..got it for 599$
10" sub
200 amp
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Kicker 8" powered "hide away" sub?