Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Kenwwood Call Interupt????

Old 06-20-2013, 08:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Kenwwood Call Interupt????

Ok, finally bought the Kenwood DDX470 & 6x8 Rockfords for the doors. Installation wasn't bad but now I'm getting a "call interupt" message on my Kenwood screen when i start the truck???

If I hook my iphone 4s up to the ipod adapter plug it goes away but comes back if I unplug it?

Is this something to do w/ the Bluetooth pairing? I didnt have my ohone in the truck when I installed everything, I wanted to do one device at a time but it is paired?

I read some other forums about how it may need to have a seperate hot lead to the battery b/c of the ignition? Really? So much for the plug & play harness I got to make it easier.

Anyone else have this issue or similar? How did u resolve?

Also, I swear I can smell something burning or frying!!! Maybe I'm just paranoid but won;t even turn it on until I figure this out. Putting my amp & sub in this weekend so I gotta pull the HU anyway....
Old 06-21-2013, 12:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Not sure what year vehicle, but if you bought a harness and it works why run an additional wire? Call interrupt sounds unusual. Excluding defective equipment, the only thing that comes to mind is you could have accidentally hooked up the mute wire on the Kenwood harness.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey thanks for the advice. I read that on a Kenwood forum about the mute wires & I remember connecting them so I will definitely undo that tonight! Thanks!

Do you know if the powered sub/ amps made by Kenwood or Kicker are any good???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Kenwwood Call Interupt????