Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Kenwood Navigation Display.....odd!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 07:17 PM

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Kenwood Navigation Display.....odd!

First, the GPS unit is installed in my Mustang, I have an OEM unit in my Fx4. I am posting here because there are a lot of knowledgeable members on here and........the Mustang is a Ford after all.

With that said, I have a DNX6190HD in my car, When I first turn the radio on I will get the display shown in image #1, I can touch the map and the display will switch to image #2.

What I want is image #3. That image is shown on the box and in the manual. This is also the display I had on three other Kenwood units I had as well as a Garmin Nuvi I own. Trust me, I went through every possible set up menu.

What am I missing here?
Attached Thumbnails Kenwood Navigation Display.....odd!-1.jpg   Kenwood Navigation Display.....odd!-2.jpg   Kenwood Navigation Display.....odd!-3.jpg  
Old 04-06-2015, 07:35 PM
Ford Accessories Manager

Received 188 Likes on 148 Posts

I have no idea, but it looks like just a different view. What happens if you repeatedly hit the road symbol on the right side of the second photo? Does that scroll through the different views?
Old 04-06-2015, 07:39 PM

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Just a thought, but have you updated the Garmin software to the latest version? I know on my old Kenwood deck doing an update usually added features that weren't there previously.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Received 158 Likes on 128 Posts

It was a setting! I had also emailed Garmin through their website. The reason I asked here was mainly because most manufacturer are not very responsive if they answer you at all.....ever contacted Kenwood> Anyway, I had an answer within 15 minutes.

Here is the solution:

"Thank you for contacting Garmin International. I will be happy to assist you with the data fields you are currently showing on the map of your Kenwood DNX6190HD.

This is a simple setting in the map section of your navigation. Please start from Where to / View maps, and press Settings>Map>Map Data Layout. Currently I suspect is it set for More Data, If you will change that to Normal, you should find that the display on your map is the way you would like it to show, with just data in the bottom corners.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us on our Kenwood/Garmin direct phone line, 1-866-614-6072".

Now, that is true customer service and I feel like an idiot. Now I am waiting on Kenwood's answer about Pandora not working with my iPhone 6, the phone function works fine though.

Quick Reply: Kenwood Navigation Display.....odd!