Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Kenwood KDC-400U isn't working properly

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 05:12 PM

Received 229 Likes on 200 Posts
Default Kenwood KDC-400U isn't working properly

I have a 2000 F150,the previous owner put in a Kenwood KDC-400u. The radio is around 5-7 months old. Since I got the truck once in a while,and by once in awhile I mean maybe once a week the sound would be really muffled and toned down to the point where it's not even worth listening to the radio but all I would do is turn the radio off and back on and it was perfect. Well now it's been doing it all day,I pulled the face off,reset it,turned it off and on,tuned it,swtiched from AUX to CD and still sounds like complete ****. The door speakers are factory to my knowledge. Any ideas on what is going on here? Like I said,previous owner installed it so there is no telling what exactly is going on with how it's set up. Other than this,the radio is great,beats out most other radios I've seen in the price range.
Old 07-19-2013, 06:42 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Have seen this on several Kenwood radio's. Not sure what the problem is, but most likely an internal issue. You could call Kenwood and talk to their tech line, but I would start looking at some new radio's.

Quick Reply: Kenwood KDC-400U isn't working properly