Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Kenwood Head Unit Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 01:03 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Kenwood Head Unit Problem

So i have a kenwood head unit and 4 kenwood 6x8s in my truck. I have noticed that randomly the volume of my music will decrease and then increase again a little later. It seems to be random. I really didnt mind it that much and I was living with it, but today after a 5 hour drive home from school the volume dropped lower than it ever had. I dont know why but I turned the heat off in my truck and the volume of my music came back. It was weird. It might have been a coincidence, I dont know. If any of you have any idea why something like this would happen I would really appreciate it!
Old 12-12-2009, 02:59 PM

might be your battery... the fact that the heat effected it... if its not the battery, check your alternator that its charging properly
Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 PM

I am having no electrical problems anywhere else in the truck. I have offroad lights on the front that are hooked directly onto the battery, and accessory lights as well. Wouldnt they be affected as well if it was the battery or alternator?
Old 12-13-2009, 11:11 AM

hm.... how old is your battery? i would take a volt reader to find out how many volts it has without the car running... then with the car running. When the car is off, it should have roughly 12 volts (check before running the car during the day) and when its on it can be anywhere between 13-15 volts. doesn't hurt to check. Had to replace my battery on my 06 cause i had that happen too. But now its fine.

Quick Reply: Kenwood Head Unit Problem