Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Kenwood DDX470 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Master Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Kenwood DDX470 help

I had my system installed and all seems to be going "ok" I guess....
Few questions!
1. My I phone does not connect to the radio, do,I need to use the
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KCIP...Pod-cable.html
Cable to get it right?
Seems a little excessive! Why can't I just use the USB cable!
2. The guy installed my DVD to the parking brake, right. But now I need to have the DVD player run during driving so the wife can watch it. ( I know I know illegal) but what should I be looking for? Where would it be attached, and/or where do,I need to attach it to in order for the DVD player to play when I want it to?
I have a 2010 f150 STX 2 wheel drive
Thanks for the help
Old 06-04-2014, 09:41 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by Brucem609
Few questions!
Cable to get it right?
2. The guy installed my DVD to the parking brake, right. But now I need to have the DVD player run during driving so the wife can watch it. ( I know I know illegal) but what should I be looking for? Where would it be attached, and/or where do,I need to attach it to in order for the DVD player to play when I want it to?
Thanks for the help
What kind of Iphone? I have a 4s and it uses the regular cable for music. You need the crutchfield cable if you have video on the phone you want to watch.

Disconnect the parking brake wire from where he put it and ground it. It will work without the parking brake being on.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:36 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Like said, if you just want to play music then hook iPhone cable into USB or use BT.

The wire should be a mint green for the parking brake wire. Trace it to the location, most likely it terminates down by the parking brake so look there. If you can't find it there then just pull radio and find wire and splice into ground for radio.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:28 AM

Few questions!
Cable to get it right?
Thanks for the help
When the Kenwood is first powered up there is an option at start up menu on what the usb is being used for. If I recall right it is "iphone" or "other". The other option is 1-800-536-9663 (1-800-ken-wood) they are very willing to help with any question.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Master Member

Default USB

Originally Posted by rsracin05
When the Kenwood is first powered up there is an option at start up menu on what the usb is being used for. If I recall right it is "iphone" or "other". The other option is 1-800-536-9663 (1-800-ken-wood) they are very willing to help with any question.
In order to first power it up again, do I disconnect the battery? And I guess I will lose all my presets on the radio, the numbers etc?
I can't get in thru the setup. I see the option but it won't let me in.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Master Member

Default DVD wire

Originally Posted by RES4CUE
Like said, if you just want to play music then hook iPhone cable into USB or use BT.

The wire should be a mint green for the parking brake wire. Trace it to the location, most likely it terminates down by the parking brake so look there. If you can't find it there then just pull radio and find wire and splice into ground for radio.
So the wire just terminates on the parking brake somewhere? So it grounds there, and all I need to do is ground it to a metal bolt somewhere?
Old 06-05-2014, 07:14 PM

In order to first power it up again, do I disconnect the battery? And I guess I will lose all my presets on the radio, the numbers etc?
I can't get in thru the setup. I see the option but it won't let me in.
Put the HU in standby then you can change the option. It will say AV2 or ipod. Choose AV2

Trending Topics

Old 06-05-2014, 07:16 PM

So the wire just terminates on the parking brake somewhere? So it grounds there, and all I need to do is ground it to a metal bolt somewhere?
It doesn't ground there it is actually at a switch. You disconnect or cut it behind the HU and ground it somewhere on the chassis. I grounded mine to the same ground wire I used when I wired up the HU.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:41 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

It depends on where they hooked it up, there is a switch behind the parking brake and that is where most do it, but you can do as others said and just go behind HU.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:22 PM
Master Member

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Put the HU in standby then you can change the option. It will say AV2 or ipod. Choose AV2
Thanks a lot guys!
Unfortunately all the choices I have are USB, IPod, or AV in 1?
It does not allow me to get to av 2
Now what
Help guys? Please

Quick Reply: Kenwood DDX470 help