Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Keeping Factory Radio but upgrading system

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Ford Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Keeping Factory Radio but upgrading system

I have had a system in every car I have owned back to 1995, and I have always replaced the factory radio. Now I want to keep the factory radio and use some components from my Ranger. I have the Sync radio without Satellite and plan on upgrading that first. My question is when I go to add a 4 channel amp for my speakers will the Pac AC AOEM-FRD24 still work with the aftermarket part I need to install to get satellite radio or do I need to/ better off putting in a Audio Control LC8 so I can hook up an amp?

Also where have you installed your amps and or Audio Control my amp won't fit underneath my front seats and I don't real want to jam it in under my back seat. I saw a video on YouTube on mounting it to the rear wall. Any ideas would be great
Old 09-30-2012, 01:03 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by ryanp77
I have had a system in every car I have owned back to 1995, and I have always replaced the factory radio. Now I want to keep the factory radio and use some components from my Ranger. I have the Sync radio without Satellite and plan on upgrading that first. My question is when I go to add a 4 channel amp for my speakers will the Pac AC AOEM-FRD24 still work with the aftermarket part I need to install to get satellite radio or do I need to/ better off putting in a Audio Control LC8 so I can hook up an amp?

Also where have you installed your amps and or Audio Control my amp won't fit underneath my front seats and I don't real want to jam it in under my back seat. I saw a video on YouTube on mounting it to the rear wall. Any ideas would be great
FRD24 will work. Your best bet would be to search this forum for examples of mounting amps, etc. There are a lot of good pictures.

Quick Reply: Keeping Factory Radio but upgrading system