Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

just subs in 2012 fx4

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default just subs in 2012 fx4

what do i need to just install a amp and 2 subs in the truck,ive seen the jl cleansweep and others but that seems to be more for door speakers and such,i do not want to cut any factory wires
Old 05-14-2012, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just gutted the factory Sony setup out of my '12 FX4... If you plan on keeping the factory highs and mids, you have two options that are the easiest... The first one is you can remove the sub from under the backseat and just cut off the factory plug that hooks into the sub and use those four wires to hook up a line out converter. This will turn your factory sub wires into a set of female low pass RCA inputs. You can then run your new sub amp rca's directly into your LOC. The second option is to pull up your center console to expose the factory amp which powers all of your highs/mids/subs and do the exact same thing. Except this time you will have to locate the sub wires where they plug into the factory amp and cut them there. I chose this location so that I could hide the LOC. Be sure in either situation to leave enough wire on the factory plug so that you can put the plug back on when you sell the vehicle. I hope that made sense...

Quick Reply: just subs in 2012 fx4