Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Just ordered a new head unit

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:44 PM
I Voted For Bill and Opus

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Just ordered a new head unit

I just ordered a new head unit for my truck. It is a Pioneer DEH-P6000UB. In addition I also purchased a SoundKase pouch to keep the control head in. I purchased it from Crutchfield, of course.

Last edited by transmaster; 07-09-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:54 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks nice. A friend of mine just got a Pioneer HU and there are a TON of options on it.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:51 AM

When I went into my Crutchfield account I was surprised to see they still have records of stuff I purchased from them all of the way back to 1991, My first purchase from Crutchfield was in 1974. what an outfit. Even with free shipping I will have this radio no later then next Thursday.

I am reading the owners manual on this receiver, wow this thing does everything except drive my truck. I already have speakers installed but I have no idea how good they are. I am going to replace them but I want to wait till it warms up first.

Pioneer has just come out with an HD tuner for the 2008 models when Crutchfield stocks them I will add this to the head unit. Right now I really don't have any interest in satellite radio. this is going to be fun this is the fanciest such radio I have ever had in a vehical.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:22 AM
AcrophobiA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice pioneers got su quality sruff and crutchfield has great customer service
Old 02-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you can say that again, I think that crutchfield sets the standards for cutomer service.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:59 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

If they only had the prices to match!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:17 PM

I am well aware that I could have purchased this Pioneer radio for less money. Indeed it is available for less then 150 dollars, however I an very happy with the price I paid because of what come with it from Crutchfield. I am getting Lifetime customer support. installation instructions, wiring harness, and parts specific for my 95 F150 to install it. I take a Japanese point of view when it comes who I purchase stuff from. In Japan the relationship you have with a business is much more important then the price, with in reason of course. When American companies first tried to brake into the Japanese market. They they didn't have much luck. What they didn't realize was this two way business to customer relationship even though the US companies had better prices they couldn't do business. I wasn't until they hired Japanese partners did things change I have this same feeling about Crutchfield. I have been a customer of theirs for 34 years, and in all of those years I have never had reason to be unhappy with them.

Last edited by transmaster; 02-11-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 01:31 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice choice and good choice on Crutchfield too!!!! I LOVE Crutchfield.

Quick Reply: Just ordered a new head unit