Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

JL Cleansweep guidance on setup

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 PM

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Default JL Cleansweep guidance on setup

Hey Everyone, I'm in the final stages of my audio install and was able to pick up a SSI and CL441dsp to help clean up my signal.

I've searched and read but I've been unable to find install notes showing wiring and settings specifically related to connecting to the sony amp.

Can anyone that have these installed or knowledge post:

1: what inputs from the factory amp are used (front tweet, front mid, rear, sub)
2: is the ssi set to 2way/3way

reading the manual, it says to use front/rear/sub for inputs A/B/C.

As I understand the issues connecting aftermarket to the sony amp, I should sum front tweet to input A, front mid to input B......should I add the rear to input C, has anyone done that? I've read summing the sub signal could be counterproductive because the signal is so bad on those channels.

If I do use the sub inputs in the summing, should I then just send the rear inputs straight to the amp, or rely only on the fronts summed to the CL441dsp and just not worry about fading option on the head unit.

thanks for the input and advise! For some reason logic is escaping me in wiring these dudes!
Old 10-04-2013, 10:55 AM

Received 117 Likes on 80 Posts

Well, I'd still like to hear from someone on this forum but I've used this thread as inspiration for my sub box build so I'll take his lead on the ssi as well and just use front tweet/mid to sum for the time being.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...50-raptor.html

sneak peak of install 2.0 and sub box
Attached Thumbnails JL Cleansweep guidance on setup-dscf4889.jpg   JL Cleansweep guidance on setup-dscf4756.jpg  

Quick Reply: JL Cleansweep guidance on setup