Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

JL Audio/Alpine upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JL Audio/Alpine upgrade

Well, I went all out with a system. I have been building this thing (as well as setting money aside) for 2 years. Below is the list of audio components I purchased that made, what I call, the Ridonkulous Super system.

Kept the stock head unit
AudioControl DQ-61 Processor
Alpine PDX-V9 Amplifier
JL Audio C5 5x7" Component Speakers - Front
JL Audio C2 5x7" Speakers-Rear
JL Audio CS113TG-TW5-2 Subwoofer

It performs flawlessly. I had a local shop install and tune it with their spectrum analyzer. I can't say enough about this thing.... It's simply perfectly balanced.

The installer made room behind the passenger rear seatback for the Amp and Processor. The sub is the same speaker as the JL Audio Stealthbox but much more affordable in its smaller sealed design. It hits hard and takes all 600 watts from the Alpine that it has to offer while asking for more... No wow or flutter from the speaker... It just bumps and booms.. Friggen awesome.

The C5's are to say least.. Extremely impressive. Clarity throughout a full range of music. I am sure it has to do with the Alpine crisp clean wattage as well but I am most pleased with JL's top shelf speaker.

My only regret was that I went with the C2's for the rear and not the C5's. They sound great but won't hold a candle to the C5's. They fill the rear of the cab nicely for what they are but if I had to do it over... C5's all around.

I tried to post pictures and will later but for now this is what it is.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:30 AM
First in, Last out.

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts

Cool. What truck cab?
Old 03-23-2016, 11:54 AM
Frito Bandito

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice! I did the C5-525 up front because i wasnt sure the difference vs a round or oval speaker plus 5.25 will fit in pretty much any car if i want to take them out.

Havent decided on the rear yet, was either going to do the the same in the rear or move to the C5-570
I have the same amp as well, got a picture of how they mounted everything in the back?
Old 03-23-2016, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm at work now and will try to upload a few pics when I get home. It's a clean install. I have a 2010 SCREW 4x4. I would advise you just pony up the cash for the C5's in the rear....they just sound so awesome.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:50 PM
Frito Bandito

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yeah i was always planning on C5, just deciding on 5x7 or 5.25.

Interested how they mounted the crossovers....Im trying to decide a layout so i can fit everything on the back wall and get rid of the extra wires that i ran because i wasnt sure where i was going to mount it.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:25 AM
F150 Jr Vendor

Received 1,298 Likes on 904 Posts

I'm a JL Audio dealer fellas so if you want C5's let me know. I'm fully authorized which means buying from me carries full warranty unlike other places online such as Amazon or Ebay.

Serving the forum for over 8 years

Brands we sell include: Kicker, NavTV, PAC, CARiD, Dayton, Second Skin, Audio Control, Skar Audio, JL Audio, Focal and more.
PM me for special pricing as our contracts do not allow for posting prices publicly.

Quick Reply: JL Audio/Alpine upgrade