Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Issue with Kicker Soundstage Upgrade

Old 02-18-2016, 04:09 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Issue with Kicker Soundstage Upgrade

Hey All

ive got a 2014 XLT with the 4.2" screen..and i purchased and installed the Kicker upgrade kit from Beau at Rogel Ford.

ive had it for a few months now without issues...until now...

The driver front door speaker is having issues..it basically doesn't put out any sound until you get the volume above 20...and then it works at all volume levels..
all other chancels work fine..and so does the driver front pillar tweeter..but the door speaker doesn't seem to get any signal until after you have turned it up to 20...then you can back it down to whatever volume you want

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the little amp that's mounted under my steering wheel
i know its not the speaker because i get the same result no mater what speaker i plug into that spot.

any thoughts?
anyone else had this same issue?

Beau...if you read this...is there any warranty on the parts?

i checked the connections on the amp under my steering wheel also

Last edited by Anthony86; 02-18-2016 at 04:11 PM. Reason: opps
Old 02-19-2016, 08:09 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

The A pillar tweeter is wired in parallel with the door woofer. So if it is working then the problem is not with the amp. There have been several cases of bad connectors and connection problems with the door woofers so I would start there and make sure all connections are clean and tight.
Old 02-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah i will double check the connections of the door woofer...im pretty sures its nice and snug

thats good to know that the woofer and the tweeter are on the same feed from the amp.

i guess its just odd that the signal starts working after you turn up the volume to a certain level, thats what makes me think its not a bad connection but yet a issue inside of the amp/digital processor
Old 02-20-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Anthony86
yeah i will double check the connections of the door woofer...im pretty sures its nice and snug

thats good to know that the woofer and the tweeter are on the same feed from the amp.

i guess its just odd that the signal starts working after you turn up the volume to a certain level, thats what makes me think its not a bad connection but yet a issue inside of the amp/digital processor
With enough voltage you can force a current through anything. So if you have a slightly bad connection, with enough voltage (volume) you can make it work.
The following users liked this post:
Anthony86 (02-22-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Issue with Kicker Soundstage Upgrade