Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

ipod adapter for 2008 f150

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ipod adapter for 2008 f150

ive tried the search function, but all i can see that will work, is discontinued parts!
ive got a 2008 f150, with a non-sat radio and want to control and charge my ipod through my radio! looks like the only one that will work, is the brandmotion brand interface, but i cant find it anywhere! the usa-spec and others, look like i need to have a sat-ready radio for them to work. anyone have an idea where i might be able to find anything that will work? thanks in advance!
Old 08-11-2015, 11:14 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by PILLEN140
ive tried the search function, but all i can see that will work, is discontinued parts!
ive got a 2008 f150, with a non-sat radio and want to control and charge my ipod through my radio! looks like the only one that will work, is the brandmotion brand interface, but i cant find it anywhere! the usa-spec and others, look like i need to have a sat-ready radio for them to work. anyone have an idea where i might be able to find anything that will work? thanks in advance!
My experience with these adapters is that they don't work and I always end up just getting a new HU.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:49 PM

That's what seems to be the case for every one if them, except the brandmotion one... Which seems to be discontinued! I have a head unit from my old truck that will control an iPod, but I can't stand the look of most aftermarket head units once they're installed in the dash. Plus the sound quality is almost never as good... Unless you get up to the $400 range, at least in my experience.
Old 08-11-2015, 02:57 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by PILLEN140
That's what seems to be the case for every one if them, except the brandmotion one... Which seems to be discontinued! I have a head unit from my old truck that will control an iPod, but I can't stand the look of most aftermarket head units once they're installed in the dash. Plus the sound quality is almost never as good... Unless you get up to the $400 range, at least in my experience.
I have had good experience with the Pioneer 820 unit. double din. $129 on amazon
Old 08-11-2015, 05:33 PM

That one isn't too bad, price is good too... But if I go that route, I want something that connects the iPod through the back of the unit... So no cords are showing. Man, I wish they didn't discontinue that brandmotion one!

Quick Reply: ipod adapter for 2008 f150