Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

iPhone 5 in 2006 F150?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 5 in 2006 F150?

Hello all. I have read through the forum on this and just got off the phone with www.pie.net and the guy recommended the FRD04 POD-5 but I looked on the site and it has the old connector (I failed to specify that I have an iPhone 5). Called back and he said they don't know when they will have new devices that will work with the new system. Does anyone know of anything on the market now that will work?

Btw, I have the audiophile system in my truck.

Thanks in advance.

[Edit] I saw where the FRD 04 AUX will work...still wondering if there is something else out there or is that my only other option? Also, is there a post that discusses how/where to run the line out to iPhone/iPod?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:07 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by trifishy
Hello all. I have read through the forum on this and just got off the phone with www.pie.net and the guy recommended the FRD04 POD-5 but I looked on the site and it has the old connector (I failed to specify that I have an iPhone 5). Called back and he said they don't know when they will have new devices that will work with the new system. Does anyone know of anything on the market now that will work?

Btw, I have the audiophile system in my truck.

Thanks in advance.

[Edit] I saw where the FRD 04 AUX will work...still wondering if there is something else out there or is that my only other option? Also, is there a post that discusses how/where to run the line out to iPhone/iPod?
Probably have to use the FRD04 with an Iphone5 adapter
The following users liked this post:
trifishy (07-02-2013)

Quick Reply: iPhone 5 in 2006 F150?