Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Is this of interest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 02:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this of interest?

Hi, my name is Lee and I was recommended this forum based on the line of work I do. I'm really interested in all things moving on wheels and have a real passion for design and product development. I'm currently designing my own in-car application for iPad, iPhone and eventually Android and hoping I can test out some of my work here for "real user" feedback, suggestion and/or even great collaborations.

I'm a Scottish guy and have been living in Germany for 5 years working on some of the worlds top car brands (can't say but I'm sure you can guess) touchscreen design systems both on the HUD and client (phone) side.

My new venture started around 5 weeks ago and already released a first version for my app for iPad. It is free to download and would be grateful to not only meet nice people here but also share my work with people I think it would benefit and who would use it daily. Without further a due, I present Dashbox: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dash...567522905?mt=8

The app is constantly being updated based on bug users needs, feedback, suggestions and so. It is my plan to build a product for the users and not just myself. I hope you like it and look forward to contributing to other posts here on this forum.

Cheers,
Lee
Old 02-22-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks pretty cool, let me know when it's ready for Android trials.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lee you may want to search the forum for ipad threads TKO makes ipad kits specifically for our trucks so there are quite a few guys that have ipads in their trucks, myself included.

I downloaded your app and do like the interface. I know I had it crash on me a few times, this is not a huge deal since I know it is in development. I was wondering if we can give suggestions for improvements on your app

I would love to see integration in for Pandora and Spotify since they are hugely popular streaming apps.

Also is there anyway to get local radio station on the radio tab?

Thanks again lee I am looking forward to see where this goes.

Also just as an FYI I would try contacting Doug at Soundman he is one of the bigger names as far as ipad in car installation so I am sure he would have a bunch of input on what he is looking to get out of a mobile ipad app.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey CarlC - will keep you posted. iPhone version gets released in 2 weeks time then we're focusing on other platforms

Thanks Yamifanatic - Pandora and Spotify are on the list for future integrations. GadgetBox (gBox) comes after the next release and is an area that will host 3rd party apps and custom built gadgets and widgets... will keep you posted and if you ever have more feedback, keep it coming... we're building on what we have based on users needs and feedback.

I also contacted Doug a couple of times but I don't think he is interested. So I'll give up on him now. I find it strange because he contacted me first with interest... anyway new avenues and all that

Quick Reply: Is this of interest?