Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Installing Sony Premium Sound in XLT

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Installing Sony Premium Sound in XLT

Long story short...
I got a really good deal on a Sony 700w Amp and sub from a 2011 Lariat.
Got a 6cd/sat unit w/sync
I installed the head unit, gps, and sync and got everything to work great

Bought all the pigtails and harnesses, followed the diagrams from the service dvd.
Turned it all on and....
Nothing.
In the Diagnosis and Testing section there is a section that reads as follows:
"When the ignition is in the START position, voltage is supplied to the Audio Control Module (ACM) through the START sense circuit. When the ACM receives this voltage, it mutes the speaker output by removing the enable voltage to the audio Digital Signal Processing (DSP) module. This prevents popping in the speakers as a result of voltage spikes during engine cranking.
If there is a short to voltage on the enable circuit, the ACM continuously mutes the audio output, resulting in no sound from all speakers."

I did a pin-out test and there is voltage to this pin with the ignition on of about .07 volts d/c
Anyone know how I can fix this?
Old 08-22-2012, 03:53 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by mcanavan69
Long story short...

Bought all the pigtails and harnesses, followed the diagrams from the service dvd.
Turned it all on and....
Nothing.
"When the ignition is in the START position, voltage is supplied to the Audio Control Module (ACM) through the START sense circuit. When the ACM receives this voltage, it mutes the speaker output by removing the enable voltage to the audio Digital Signal Processing (DSP) module. This prevents popping in the speakers as a result of voltage spikes during engine cranking.
If there is a short to voltage on the enable circuit, the ACM continuously mutes the audio output, resulting in no sound from all speakers."

I did a pin-out test and there is voltage to this pin with the ignition on of about .07 volts d/c
Not any help but wanted to tell you that you are very brave taking a vehicle without Sony sound and going thru the effort of putting one in. The great majority of us went aftermarket.
Old 08-22-2012, 05:11 PM
12v Installer

Originally Posted by mcanavan69
Long story short...

Turned it all on and....
Nothing.

the new f150 uses a data turn on circuit, what year is your truck, engine size, and did your come with sync. and i will try to pull some diagrams to help you

Last edited by Autotech; 08-22-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:00 PM

2010 xlt screw, 4.6, no sync from factory. I have successfully installed sync and everything works.
Old 08-25-2012, 10:13 AM

Sound Sytems/Nav. Systems with these trucks is tricky at best. When I started talking to my local dealer about a Factory-Nav. install into my 2009 XLT, I was told that it would be more money than I'd be willing to spend, not just because of the Expense of the System, but because of the Computer and Wiring Overhaul that would have to be done. Yes, I did say that...the computer. It would seem that even the computer is pre-configured for the build of each truck(Overall circutry configurations I'm assuming when it comes to all required options). This is why you'll always see the Factory Navigation Paired with the HVAC....the computer is Designed to see it in that configuration. A similar comparison would be the newer Chinese "OEM-Style" Navigation units. They'll work great on the Standard package trucks, but once you move up to a truck that has had a Sony System in it or Factory-Nav, the head-unit will not work properly
Now that you've already taken the plunge with the sony...I sure do hope it works out for you....While the SonySound isn't going to be as complicated as a Navigation attempt, it will take a creative workaround just the same I'm sure...Keep us posted....

Quick Reply: Installing Sony Premium Sound in XLT