Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Installing an AVIC-Z150BH

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing an AVIC-Z150BH

Hey all, been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join and post. I just decided to bite the bullet and bought a Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH to put in my (just purchased) 2010 XLT Scab. I've been looking around, but seem to find conflicting or incomplete answers to my questions, so I'm looking to get some guidance.

I've got the Z150BH on its way, and already have an OEM logo backup camera to install. I'll also need a wiring harness (such as
this one? this one?
), a steering wheel control interface (like
this? this?
), an antenna adapter (like
this one this one
), and a replacement bezel (like
this) this)
. Oh yeah, and a
SiriusXM tuner SiriusXM tuner

I don't really care about keeping Sync, so is this all I need? Is there anything essential I'm missing/is there anything here I don't need? Thanks for any help/advice!

I'm looking to do a very very comprehensive install walkthrough to erase any doubt for future installers, so expect a long post in a week or so
Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by bloo
Hey all, been lurking for awhile and finally decided to join and post. I just decided to bite the bullet and bought a Pioneer AVIC-Z150BH to put in my (just purchased) 2010 XLT Scab. I've been looking around, but seem to find conflicting or incomplete answers to my questions, so I'm looking to get some guidance.

I've got the Z150BH on its way, and already have an OEM logo backup camera to install. I'll also need a wiring harness (such as this one?), a steering wheel control interface (like this?), an antenna adapter (like this one), and a replacement bezel (like this). Oh yeah, and a SiriusXM tuner.

I don't really care about keeping Sync, so is this all I need? Is there anything essential I'm missing/is there anything here I don't need? Thanks for any help/advice!

I'm looking to do a very very comprehensive install walkthrough to erase any doubt for future installers, so expect a long post in a week or so
Make sure you get the correct bezel with one or two top holes. You will also need a mounting kit
Old 06-27-2013, 11:54 PM

OK I've got all my parts together but I'm short on time so I haven't been able to put them together. Just looking at the parts it seems mostly straightforward, the wiring harness I got matches up color for color with the harness that comes with the nav unit so I connect all those together. The instructions do have 4 wires listed separately though, yellow (terminal supplied with constant power), red (12V), black (ground), and orange/white (lighting switch terminal) going to separate things. The Scosche harness has wires of all these colors though, so do I just connect these together like the rest of them?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:31 PM

OK I've got all my parts together but I'm short on time so I haven't been able to put them together. Just looking at the parts it seems mostly straightforward, the wiring harness I got matches up color for color with the harness that comes with the nav unit so I connect all those together. The instructions do have 4 wires listed separately though, yellow (terminal supplied with constant power), red (12V), black (ground), and orange/white (lighting switch terminal) going to separate things. The Scosche harness has wires of all these colors though, so do I just connect these together like the rest of them?
Yes. The orange/white may or may not make a difference
The following users liked this post:
bloo (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Yes. The orange/white may or may not make a difference
Awesome thanks. When connecting the SWC, can I splice into this harness as well or will this create a ground loop or other problems?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:49 PM

Awesome thanks. When connecting the SWC, can I splice into this harness as well or will this create a ground loop or other problems?
Just use the power and ground of the wiring harness and then the other wire goes to the correct wire on the factory harness
Old 07-01-2013, 09:13 PM

So I gave it a go today. Hooked all the wires up and plugged it in. Nothing. Tried it without the SWC. Still nothing. No clue what it could be or what I missed, any ideas?
Old 07-02-2013, 06:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

So I gave it a go today. Hooked all the wires up and plugged it in. Nothing. Tried it without the SWC. Still nothing. No clue what it could be or what I missed, any ideas?
Harness adapter you listed is for the previous generation that has an actual accessory wire. Run the Pioneer accessory wire to the fuse panel in the passenger kick.

Quick Reply: Installing an AVIC-Z150BH