Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Installing Amp

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 10:36 AM
Executive Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Installing Amp

How do you install an amp behind the rear seat of a 2011 F150 Supercrew without damaging the back wall?!
Old 03-12-2012, 10:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most people screw a piece of mdf to the raised portions on the back wall that way it doesnt go thru to the bed. if you pull the piece of padding out, you will see what im talking about. i just put a piece of 1/2" mdf behind the padding, mounted the amp on top of everything, and used the padding to hide my wiring. hope this helps

Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what i wanting to do as well. Thanks for the photos.
Old 03-14-2012, 09:18 AM

no problem, was easy as pie!
Old 03-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Executive Member

How do you get the rear seat down?
Old 03-14-2012, 12:47 PM

there's a thread that explains it better, but fold the bottom half up, then reach behind the seat beside the headrest but lowere and theres a bracket. has a little **** that you have to pull up. its kinda hard but should be able to get with your thumb. also that thread explains how to add a handle to it and stuff, but one you do it once and realize what to do, its a piece of cake
Old 03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
Executive Member

Originally Posted by easy smeasy
most people screw a piece of mdf to the raised portions on the back wall that way it doesnt go thru to the bed. if you pull the piece of padding out, you will see what im talking about. i just put a piece of 1/2" mdf behind the padding, mounted the amp on top of everything, and used the padding to hide my wiring. hope this helps

easy smeasy: I know I am being a PITA...I got the rear seat down now...I am wondering if you can write on this thread or PM me more instructions on how to mount the amp to the the mdf board, how to take out the sound dampening and put it back in after the mdf board is screwed into the back wall and also how to screw the mdf to the back wall without drilling through to the outside..aka..which kind of screws, where at, more pictures?!?!, etc..I just need a detailed description if at all possible...again im sorry for being a PITA
Old 03-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by jmoney8730
easy smeasy: I know I am being a PITA...I got the rear seat down now...I am wondering if you can write on this thread or PM me more instructions on how to mount the amp to the the mdf board, how to take out the sound dampening and put it back in after the mdf board is screwed into the back wall and also how to screw the mdf to the back wall without drilling through to the outside..aka..which kind of screws, where at, more pictures?!?!, etc..I just need a detailed description if at all possible...again im sorry for being a PITA

not a problem at all man, i'll pm you some info
Old 03-14-2012, 04:12 PM
Executive Member

Originally Posted by easy smeasy
not a problem at all man, i'll pm you some info
Hey man! You dont know how much I appreciate it! I love running into forum members who have no problem helping out others!
Old 03-14-2012, 04:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jmoney8730

Hey man! You dont know how much I appreciate it! I love running into forum members who have no problem helping out others!
2:thumbsup

Quick Reply: Installing Amp