Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Installed speakers, now slowing losing everything

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 02:49 PM

Received 171 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Installed speakers, now slowing losing everything

I installed my Rockford fosgate speakers in my front doors last night. When I hooked everything up and turned it on, my sub quit working. Now new left speaker has cut out. All the connections are still solid. I'm stumped
Old 04-13-2014, 03:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Need more info.....Head unit (stock or aftermarket), amps?
Old 04-13-2014, 04:49 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

You need to validate that those solid connections are actual carrying voltage in with a multimeter as well as if your wiring is correctly routed in and out.
Old 04-13-2014, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by 06Beast
Need more info.....Head unit (stock or aftermarket), amps?
The HU is a prisoner cd mp3. With a single RCA output going to monochannel Rockford fosgate amp powering a 12" Kicker. Swapping should have zero affect on that setup but it seems like too much of a coincidence that it would quit at the same time.

Originally Posted by troutspinner
You need to validate that those solid connections are actual carrying voltage in with a multimeter as well as if your wiring is correctly routed in and out.
The speakers are hooked directly into the factory harness with the crutch field supplied adaptors. Should I ditch those and hard solder it?
Old 04-13-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by jferg92
The HU is a prisoner cd mp3. With a single RCA output going to monochannel Rockford fosgate amp powering a 12" Kicker. Swapping should have zero affect on that setup but it seems like too much of a coincidence that it would quit at the same time.

The speakers are hooked directly into the factory harness with the crutch field supplied adaptors. Should I ditch those and hard solder it?
No reason to bypass those connectors. As long as they snapped together firmly, it should be an issue. The amp not working concerns me though about your HU. Are you getting voltage from your turn on power wire (blue wire)?
Old 04-13-2014, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by troutspinner

No reason to bypass those connectors. As long as they snapped together firmly, it should be an issue. The amp not working concerns me though about your HU. Are you getting voltage from your turn on power wire (blue wire)?
Yes, the remote start from the HU is turning the amp on and off correctly
Old 04-13-2014, 06:21 PM

Received 2,961 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Any news on what went wrong? I'm about to install a set (4) kicker speakers and kicker amp into mine and I don't want any goblins...
Old 04-13-2014, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by jferg92
Yes, the remote start from the HU is turning the amp on and off correctly

My next step would be to disconnect the audio input to the amp and connect another source, like an iPod and see if the sub starts working. I expect that it will.

If it does, leave it disconnected and out of the equation for now. Then swap the left and right channel wires coming off the back of the radio and see if your left front speaker starts working.

If it does, then you know your speaker works and your wiring is good. If it does not, then you know that it could be that connector you mentioned or even the spade connectors on the speaker terminals itself. I've seen where if wires are left loose, the window can grab a wire and pull it off of the terminal.

Let us know how ya make out.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by dannofx4
Any news on what went wrong? I'm about to install a set (4) kicker speakers and kicker amp into mine and I don't want any goblins...

Don't sweat it!

Quick Reply: Installed speakers, now slowing losing everything