Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Install kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Install kit

My dad is getting a new aftermarket deck for his 02 F150 Supercrew and he wanted to know what the best install kit was. He and I are aware of some of the install kits looking like crap as the storage cubby that is included to replace the lower part of the din tends to bend and look ugly. That is ultimately what made me decide to go with the Focus MP3 OEM deck. But he has his heart set on a single din. So any input would be great.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:25 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

crutchfield has just about everything you will need.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured, they always have everything. I was just looking to see if anyone has had any luck installing a single din deck and actually have a nice looking install. I have seen installs done on a variety of Fords that use the same install kit and it just looks bad. If anyone has any pics of successful installs let me see them, I may consider getting a single din as well if the installs look OK. Like I said I only decided on the Focus MP3 Deck because of this issue. Thanks.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:35 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Axlehead
I figured, they always have everything. I was just looking to see if anyone has had any luck installing a single din deck and actually have a nice looking install. I have seen installs done on a variety of Fords that use the same install kit and it just looks bad. If anyone has any pics of successful installs let me see them, I may consider getting a single din as well if the installs look OK. Like I said I only decided on the Focus MP3 Deck because of this issue. Thanks.
i have seen a few kits that used a storage cubby under the radio...which is a great place to stash an ipod or in my case, an extra mag for my Ruger LCP

Quick Reply: Install kit