Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Info on ford factory speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on ford factory speakers

I am having issues with one of my front door speakers, the dealer has replaced it twice already and is now ordering a new head unit. I checked the front speaker in the other door to compare and make sure they were the same part number. It looks like they are, the only difference I can see is where this speaker says 0073 the speaker that is working properly says 0991. At first I thought it might be a serial # but I don't imagine they would put serial numbers on stock speakers. All the other information on the speakers in the same. What is the 4 digit # a date code maybe? It is weird that the speaker that came with the truck is 0991 and the new speaker has a lower number. Any ideas??

Last edited by red crow; 04-08-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:26 PM
TK5

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I see the problem! Made in China. LOL
Old 04-08-2013, 10:44 PM

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Junk them and replace with some good aftermarket speakers. You won't regret it in the morning.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:27 AM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Probably just inventory. Those speakers have been used for years and in many models. BTW you didn't say what problem you were having.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
Probably just inventory. Those speakers have been used for years and in many models. BTW you didn't say what problem you were having.
lol I guess that would help. I the high notes / treble coming from the driver's door speaker is much quieter than the sound coming from the passenger's door speaker. The dealership has replaced the speaker twice and now they have a new head unit on order. It originally started out that the speaker would cut out completely they told me there was a TSB for the driver's door speaker and replaced it. Ever since then the treble issue has been present. It almost sounds like the driver's side speaker is a mid/ low speaker and the passenger's side is a 3 way, but I checked and the part numbers match up. I am trying to figure out what the 4 digit number on the lower right side of the speaker represents.

Last edited by red crow; 04-09-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:13 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by red crow
lol I guess that would help. I the high notes / treble coming from the driver's door speaker is much quieter than the sound coming from the passenger's door speaker. The dealership has replaced the speaker twice and now they have a new head unit on order. It originally started out that the speaker would cut out completely they told me there was a TSB for the driver's door speaker and replaced it. Ever since then the treble issue has been present. It almost sounds like the driver's side speaker is a mid/ low speaker and the passenger's side is a 3 way, but I checked and the part numbers match up. I am trying to figure out what the 4 digit number on the lower right side of the speaker represents.
Those speakers are all just 1 way paper cones. Sounds like you HU was defective. Since you have the speakers out, go spend $50 on a good pair.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:16 AM

I don't have any issues with the speakers though. If I want to rock out while driving I'll take the mustang.

Quick Reply: Info on ford factory speakers