Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Infinity speakers - anybody using these?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 PM
'08f150stx

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Infinity speakers - anybody using these?

Here are the speakers I found. Anybody using these? I would like to use them with the factory stereo. If you have, where did you mount the external crossover? Thanks a bunch!
http://www.crutchfield.com/s_1086829...cf.html?tp=105
Old 11-09-2010, 02:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not these, I am currently using an older model http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1085725...=572.5cf&tp=93

I think they sound great. Just make sure you use an amp to power them. I'm running the speakers off of a JL Audio XD400/4. I've got the factory system SYNC/non-nav too. In my opinion these speakers are hard to beat at that price. Get them, put them in and if you don't like them, return them. Or just get them on eBay. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm saving up for the JL C5-570x's.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:20 PM
'08f150stx

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixgun
Not these, I am currently using an older model http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1085725...=572.5cf&tp=93

I think they sound great. Just make sure you use an amp to power them. I'm running the speakers off of a JL Audio XD400/4. I've got the factory system SYNC/non-nav too. In my opinion these speakers are hard to beat at that price. Get them, put them in and if you don't like them, return them. Or just get them on eBay. I don't think you'll be disappointed. I'm saving up for the JL C5-570x's.
I was hoping to just add speakers for now, and amp/head unit later. Birthday stuff maybe. I do know that the potential for the speakers will only be heard with and amp, but I was hoping just the factory stereo could power them for the time being and that they would be a noticable upgrade
Old 11-10-2010, 01:57 PM

I ran my kappas without an amp in my new truck for about 3 or 4 weeks. I was more than happy with them... basically because the stock speakers are so bad... but when you try to crank them they sound horrible. The sound would cut in and out, distort and sounded muddy. Putting an amp in took all that away.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:51 AM

Default Kappa

Iv owned a few kappas and personally i find the highs on they to be a lil too screechy for me. If you turn it up load enough to me its kinda ear bleeding. Just a recommendation that you get adapter plates and buy lets say a 6.5 round speaker regardless of what brand you buy. The more circular they are the better bass performance you will get.
Just my .02
Good luck
Old 11-14-2010, 12:47 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't know about the Kappas but I am using the Reference Infinities without an amp & they work just fine. A major improvement over the stock speakers...like day & night difference! I can go full volume just fine for me. My wife likes them so much I have to get some for her car now. The Kappas are a step up I understand but I'd sure go with them & the factory head unit to start. I predict you will love them.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:47 PM

Hi gents
Im running Kappas 6x9 all four doors, I ran them for two weeks waited tell my next payday and they sounded just OK.... anyway I added a Infinitie 75 X 4 amp and it was a AWSOME experance then came a JL 500-2 amp pushing a 8" JL sub in small box that fits perfit under the back driver side seat sounds great love it
Old 11-14-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't use those, but I have Infinity 52.7i in my front doors. I really like them, sound good. I have an aftermarket HU tho so i can adjust the front EQ separate to take out bass. That way i can crank them up with no problem at all, never had distortion from them with the bass removed.

Quick Reply: Infinity speakers - anybody using these?