Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Infinity Reference 6832 or Polk Audio DB571?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Infinity Reference 6832 or Polk Audio DB571?

I can get a pair of either one of these for $55-60 and I'm looking at replacing all 4 stock speakers in my SCrew.

Which one of these would be better?
Old 03-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Dazed and Confused

Received 125 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by jstandfest
I can get a pair of either one of these for $55-60 and I'm looking at replacing all 4 stock speakers in my SCrew.

Which one of these would be better?
Can only speak for the Polks. I have them in my rear door and I really like their sound. I know many here like Infinity. If you are powering off of factory HU get the most efficient in db. Higher the db the more efficient the speaker and less power needed. Can't go wrong with either.

Last edited by Tallyman89; 03-05-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:35 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you don't have a sub to compliment them you may want a speaker that can play more of the low tones. That being said I love my Polks but I do have a sub.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the infinitysin my font. My opinion is a slight upgrade in sound when using a factory Head unit. Once amped and crossed over a def improvment.
My issue is that the Lower mid bass lacks and also distorts and gets muddy in that area and lower mid range area.
I find If i x-over at about 100hz sounds pretty good but not great as i miss some of the bass guitar and that is then moved to the back to the sub. so the sound stage is kinda messed up with that.
also my right pass tweeter distorts/ I dont play it crazy loud either.
Anyway. It may just be me and my set up but not too impressed and I really want to like them.
-
-
Note I may need to treat my doors panels with sound deadening material / this may help with my muddy distorting midbass and lower mid range.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Infinity Reference 6832 or Polk Audio DB571?