Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Inexpensive audio upgrade to a '02 Supercrew

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:01 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

Default Inexpensive audio upgrade to a '02 Supercrew

I am looking to update my audio system in my '02 Supercrew, but don't feel I need to spend a ton of money on it.
I am not an audiophile, but want something that sounds better than stock and would like to be able to access my iPhone (Pandora and music on the phone).

I was wanting to get a head unit, 4 speakers and maybe an amp, and wanting to keep it around $300.

Looking around on Crutchfield I put together what I think is an OK system for my wants and needs.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

Speakers: Not sure on these. Was initially just going to get 4 Pioneer TS-G6844R 2 way 6x8 speakers, but then I thought maybe I should get 2 of those for the rear and then 2 Pioneer TS-A6885R 4 way 6x8 speakers for the front.
Any recommendations?

Since I was still under $300, figured get an amp too. The Clarion XC1410 looks to fit what I want, nothing crazy, but more power for the speakers.

Total is $360 (if I get a pair of 2 way and pair of 4 way) so just over what I was looking at, but not too bad.

Any feedback on this setup?
Old 05-03-2014, 08:14 PM

Received 484 Likes on 437 Posts

Originally Posted by blupupher
I am looking to update my audio system in my '02 Supercrew, but don't feel I need to spend a ton of money on it.
I am not an audiophile, but want something that sounds better than stock and would like to be able to access my iPhone (Pandora and music on the phone).

I was wanting to get a head unit, 4 speakers and maybe an amp, and wanting to keep it around $300.

Looking around on Crutchfield I put together what I think is an OK system for my wants and needs.

Head unit: Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

Speakers: Not sure on these. Was initially just going to get 4 Pioneer TS-G6844R 2 way 6x8 speakers, but then I thought maybe I should get 2 of those for the rear and then 2 Pioneer TS-A6885R 4 way 6x8 speakers for the front.
Any recommendations?

Since I was still under $300, figured get an amp too. The Clarion XC1410 looks to fit what I want, nothing crazy, but more power for the speakers.

Total is $360 (if I get a pair of 2 way and pair of 4 way) so just over what I was looking at, but not too bad.

Any feedback on this setup?
I wouldn't waste my money on 4 way speakers. 2 way front and back are good. This HU has a low pass so I would consider a sub before an amp for the door speakers.
The following users liked this post:
blupupher (05-03-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Looking for a Henway.

Received 369 Likes on 301 Posts

Originally Posted by Wyo11Scab
I wouldn't waste my money on 4 way speakers. 2 way front and back are good. This HU has a low pass so I would consider a sub before an amp for the door speakers.
Thats kind of what I was thinking for the speakers, but was not sure.

I really don't care for a sub (and my Supercrew has 4 captains chairs, not really a place to put one).

Maybe if I heard a decent system with a sub (and not some annoying thumping thing) I may change my mind. Maybe a future upgrade if I am not happy with whatever I get.

Quick Reply: Inexpensive audio upgrade to a '02 Supercrew