Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Image quality on back up camera?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:46 AM
F-Oneswifty

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Image quality on back up camera?

Can anyone tell me what kind of image quality they get on their screen on a Kenwood DDX470 install (or equivalent) from the OEM back up cam?
I am going to install one in my 2010 F-150 and want to know what kind of improvement to expect over the OEM mirror cam besides size.
Thanks
Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 AM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

I installed a 271. The image is certainly larger but little less crisp. Not sure if that's camera quality or perhaps interfere where I tapped into the wiring. Still a big improvement though.

The ability to turn the camera on at any time is handy too. I can use it to pull into the garage and stop when my back bumper is JUST inside the door leaving plenty of room to walk around the front.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:13 AM
F-Oneswifty

Thanks Matt
I have a shop trailer, a flat bed, and a travel trailer I shuttle around the shop yard and hope it improves the routine hitching process.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:46 PM
F-Oneswifty

Have the unit in for a week now after some issues with install and interface harness faults. The sound is much improved with the infinity reference speaker upgrade. The hands free phone using the Apple Siri access is great. The back up camera image is as matt m said but it is easier to see this grainy image without glasses than the old mirror cam image. It works fine for hitching the trailers.

Quick Reply: Image quality on back up camera?