Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

Image Dynamics IDQ V3 10" D2 + Fox Box = great results!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM
HAK

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thumbs up Image Dynamics iDQ V3 10" D2 + Fox Box = great results!

I installed my sub and amp today in the truck. First off, holy hell if you have a console to remove . It's not bad but many overlapping panels and removal of the air bag was sort of a chore.

I'm using a standard PAC line level (not the plug and play F150 version) off the factory radio for RCA to my Rockford Fosgate Punch 300-2 amp bridged @ 4 ohm, 359 watts from birth sheet. I have the levels dialed back a bit to break in the sub over during the week. Amped is tuned to around 80-90 Hz and the sub is very responsive, accurate and gets low. It covers a variety of music as I listen to rock, metal, alternative and occasionally some old school rap and hip hop. Plenty of kick/punch and slams out deep lows.

If you go with this combo you will need to enlarge the sub opening on the box as the ID sub is oversized to others out there. I've had JL, Alpine, MTX, Eclipse, Memphis, etc.....and I have always loved the way ID subs sound. I am glad I went with them as this sub and box sounds so much better than the JL ported enclosure and W1 13.5" I ran in my last vehicle with the same amp.

You will not be disappointed with this combo.

Last edited by HAK; 03-25-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Image Dynamics IDQ V3 10" D2 + Fox Box = great results!