Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

ID subs with supercrew sound box? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ID subs with supercrew sound box? Thoughts?

Hi all
I've now turned my attention to building my sound system for my '03 Screw. However I will admit I'm an audio newbie. Mechanical, engines, etc I can do, fix, build. However audio is my kryptonite (haha). I would appreciate any help.

I'm looking to get a supercrew sounds dual 10" box for under the rear seat. I was thinking of adding the Image Dynamics (ID10D4v.3) subs as I've heard good things. Any others I should consider for shallow mount boxes? I've heard to look into DC, RE and JL's.

Here are my overall plans. I'm looking to upgrade the HU (looking at Pioneer), components up front, and coax in the rear, and add subs. I want clean and hard hitting base out of the subs however i"m not looking for competition quality or prices (obviously the cheaper price the better).

Thanks!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Amateur Hour

I have exactly this. A supercrewsounds box with dual 10in ID .v3. It sounds great. Check my build thread for more information... I will say you have to take the magnet caps off the subs and this isn't as easy as it sounds... There are 5 screws on the back of the subs that are only cosmetic... No idea why.. The cap is actually glued on. You have to pry it off with a lot of force... I also used a heat gun to loosen up the glue.

The system seriously sounds great! I do have a bit of noise... Very little that I still have to sort out... I assume it's a power/signal cable issue. It doesn't bother me too much.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by EC99SS
Hi all
I've now turned my attention to building my sound system for my '03 Screw. However I will admit I'm an audio newbie. Mechanical, engines, etc I can do, fix, build. However audio is my kryptonite (haha). I would appreciate any help.

I'm looking to get a supercrew sounds dual 10" box for under the rear seat. I was thinking of adding the Image Dynamics (ID10D4v.3) subs as I've heard good things. Any others I should consider for shallow mount boxes? I've heard to look into DC, RE and JL's.

Here are my overall plans. I'm looking to upgrade the HU (looking at Pioneer), components up front, and coax in the rear, and add subs. I want clean and hard hitting base out of the subs however i"m not looking for competition quality or prices (obviously the cheaper price the better).

Thanks!!
look into the pioneer avh-4300 DVD, I have one and absolutely love it!! I got it from sonixelectronics for $375 on sale.

Originally Posted by asutrent
I have exactly this. A supercrewsounds box with dual 10in ID .v3. It sounds great. Check my build thread for more information... I will say you have to take the magnet caps off the subs and this isn't as easy as it sounds... There are 5 screws on the back of the subs that are only cosmetic... No idea why.. The cap is actually glued on. You have to pry it off with a lot of force... I also used a heat gun to loosen up the glue.

The system seriously sounds great! I do have a bit of noise... Very little that I still have to sort out... I assume it's a power/signal cable issue. It doesn't bother me too much.
sounds like a ground probably. did you scrap the paint good to where your ground is? that can cause a whinning noise when you give it gas. also you should serrated your rcas from your power. run your power wire on the driver side an your rcas on the passenger side. that should fix it
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Amateur Hour

Originally Posted by raif281
look into the pioneer avh-4300 DVD, I have one and absolutely love it!! I got it from sonixelectronics for $375 on sale.

sounds like a ground probably. did you scrap the paint good to where your ground is? that can cause a whinning noise when you give it gas. also you should serrated your rcas from your power. run your power wire on the driver side an your rcas on the passenger side. that should fix it
no whine...just noise. I ran my power down one side and the RCAs down the middle... I am think that is where it is... I can pin point by pulling the rcas and seeing if the noise is still there... that will tell me alot... from there remove and replace.. tedious.
Old 03-08-2012, 04:24 PM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by asutrent

no whine...just noise. I ran my power down one side and the RCAs down the middle... I am think that is where it is... I can pin point by pulling the rcas and seeing if the noise is still there... that will tell me alot... from there remove and replace.. tedious.
ok good, a lot of people run it down the same side an usually get a noise. yeah that sounds like a good start!! yes it is very tedious :/, what about your ground where is that at? take a pic if you can
Old 03-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Amateur Hour

Originally Posted by raif281
ok good, a lot of people run it down the same side an usually get a noise. yeah that sounds like a good start!! yes it is very tedious :/, what about your ground where is that at? take a pic if you can
The ground is on a passenger side seat bolt... I sanded down the paint (maybe not enough tho).. Have not had time to test everything... it doesn't bother me that much and I bet most people wouldn't even notice it. I really only notice it when using SYNC on my phone and talking to someone...

Quick Reply: ID subs with supercrew sound box? Thoughts?