Topic Sponsor
Stereo/Audio Come discuss all Ford F150 Stereo and Audio questions here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: The Magic Brand

I feel stupid. Pioneer AVT P3200BT ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 AM

Received 577 Likes on 390 Posts

Red face I feel stupid. Pioneer AVT P3200BT ?

Howdy I installed the HU a month or so ago. I was going to install the rear view camera this week end and ran into a problem. I wanted to test it first before I just drilled an 1 1/8 inch hole in the bumper. I could not get it to work. So I stopped. Here is my questions There is a rearview wire coming from the HU that needs to be hooked up the reverse wire under the dash some place. Is this looking for a switch from ground to 12 volts or something else?

The install book is a real piece of crap with this section.

The HU never showed rear to let me select the camera what am I missing?
Old 05-31-2011, 11:47 AM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You want a few things for most cameras not all are the same but close. One plus 12 volts switched on when you turn the key on. You need reverse plus when you place the vehicle in reverse you need ground and you need video out from camera to go to pioneer unit. Test everything first then install it, I usually test by applying 12 volts to both reverse and switched 12 volts hook up a ground and then plug it in to pioneer unit to see if you get video... I dont know your truck so cannot tell you where you get reverse wire at.....
Old 05-31-2011, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by 2010FX4F150GILROY
You want a few things for most cameras not all are the same but close. One plus 12 volts switched on when you turn the key on. You need reverse plus when you place the vehicle in reverse you need ground and you need video out from camera to go to pioneer unit. Test everything first then install it, I usually test by applying 12 volts to both reverse and switched 12 volts hook up a ground and then plug it in to pioneer unit to see if you get video... I dont know your truck so cannot tell you where you get reverse wire at.....

Thanks
I have a 2010 XLT it had the stock radio in it and I ran a fuse tap for the switched 12 volts. On the back of the Pioneer is it looking for a constant 12 V or a switch from ground to 12V. I have the camera figured out I was going to wire it to the reverse lights on the back of the truck. The HU is given me my biggest problem just because I am having a brain burp
Old 05-31-2011, 08:38 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

I have mine wired to constant 12v through the 7 pin trailer wiring. I have a Kenwood and did not hook up the reverse wire on the back of the HU. I have mine wired neg to frame, pos to con 12v at trailer plug and RCA run up to rca input on HU.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:45 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Only thing about constant 12volts is it runs constantly,,, If you leave truck sitting for a long period of time it will drain the battery eventually... Second cameras suffer from a desease known as burn in if left for long periods of time staring at the same object it will eventually burn in to the opitc on the ccd chip that the cameras use... Small thing but I have done probably over 1000 cameras and we are often having to replace cameras that no longer give a very good picture, they have a ghost image now that never goes away.. But if you keep moving it does not burn in so fast...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:30 AM

Default Thanks All

I am going to test it again this weekend. I really need this job done so I can move on to another(-;
Old 06-01-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Belay my last, it is not to constant. It is to switched. In my head I was thinking constant because it is always on when the key is on so I can switch to watch the trailer or load. Up way to late last night! lol

Quick Reply: I feel stupid. Pioneer AVT P3200BT ?